What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3D Using 3D option for first time in CS5 extended

chitkaran

Guru
Here's what I made on my first ever Manip using the 3D option of my CS5 extended..

Lion.jpg

I had clicked this image last year on a visit to Delhi zoo..

What do you think about this ?

iDad

Guru
Looks convincing from here, Nice work chitkaran! as I type. I see within the letter N the shadow needs to be touched up on the ground just behind it a bit. The upward slant on the N is a dark shadow it should be the same just behind downward slant but on ground ...... You asked, just a thought on my part... I like the idea of what you did.

ibclare

Queen Bee
I like it too chitkaran. Looks like it was fun to do. Nice photo too. Could maybe use a little levels, etc. correction, but nicely snapped. Just being picky, it could be cropped to give the lion more impact.

chitkaran

Guru
Thanks iDad and Clare for the comments.. I have just started to explore the 3D option and would post my next official Manip very soon...

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Chit, you always seem to find stuff I like to do as well! You did a fantastic job! Can't wait to see more.

In fact, this image was one of the reasons I purchased Photoshop. I wanted to do 3D like this.
save_by_dkomov_01.jpg

chitkaran

Guru
Thanks Sam... Have you worked on 3D yet ? .. I would love to see your work mate... // Here's another one I made yesterday..

maldives.JPG

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
This one looks great as well Chit!

I will have to dig up some of the ones I was working on.

BC Visuals

Not a bad job at all! I feel like there would be a deeper shadow on the top of the letters though. Also, you may or may not have, but from my end it doesnt look like this photo was touched up at all. Adjustment layers can really make all elements of the photo blend and look like they were actually taken together.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hey Chit, I'm going to start a new thread on this subject so that we're not hijacking your thread. Everyone will be invited to post their 3D Typography work.