What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Using the content aware fill on video layer

iNfRaSoNiC

Hi, guys, I jsut wanna ask you 1 fast question.
Is it possible to use the Content Aware ( Fill) to remove objects, but to remove it from the whole video layer?
I know its kind a hard to do, because if the layer has 300 images, the object that I want to remove will be in different places on the layers, but who knows? Photoshop is a smart thing... Thanks!

You will be far better off using after effects for this kind of work yhere is no content aware fill but you can replace anything just put up an image over it for example and use motiontracking and it does a good job covering it up and looking natural... obviously depending on what you replace it with

You will be far better off using after effects for this kind of work yhere is no content aware fill but you can replace anything just put up an image over it for example and use motiontracking and it does a good job covering it up and looking natural... obviously depending on what you replace it with

Yeah, but with after effects I cannot create gifs, I think...

You can on after effects cs4 or below just set the output module to losless but file type as animated gif if you are using cs5 or cs5.5 then render the video as a lossless avi or quicktime movie. once it has rendered open up photoshop and go to file import video to layers. and the when you save it make sure you select save for web. However I do not think photoshop will import more than 500 frames so you will have to limit the frames to every 3 frames or whatever works best depending on your desired file size you want. Gif should not really be any more than 3 - 5 meg if it is for online viewing

You can on after effects cs4 or below just set the output module to losless but file type as animated gif if you are using cs5 or cs5.5 then render the video as a lossless avi or quicktime movie. once it has rendered open up photoshop and go to file import video to layers. and the when you save it make sure you select save for web. However I do not think photoshop will import more than 500 frames so you will have to limit the frames to every 3 frames or whatever works best depending on your desired file size you want. Gif should not really be any more than 3 - 5 meg if it is for online viewing

Wow, so, I can make gifs with the latest version of After Effects? Gifs from video files? I make my gifs for collectioners and sometimes they are bigger than 500 layers. So if I can use After Effects it will be great, mate.

EDIT: I have adobe After Effects CS5.5

yeah just make sure you render it correctly and use photoshop 32 bit version to import video to layers but it has a maximum of 500 layers I tend to fine if you set it to import every 3 frames you still get pleasing results even 5 frames

yeah just make sure you render it correctly and use photoshop 32 bit version to import video to layers but it has a maximum of 500 layers I tend to fine if you set it to import every 3 frames you still get pleasing results even 5 frames

I dont get it, mate. If I can create the gif with After Effects, why I need to use Photoshop?

Because when Adobe launched cs5 there were a lot more gif features in photoshop so they removed the ability to do it in after effects which was a stupid move honestly. they want you to use photoshop so the last version you could create a gif in after effects was cs4.

Back