What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vector Images for Printing

John Walker

Hello, I'm on the PAC at my kid's school. We need this logo to print on a bunch of masks. Just wondering if anyone knows if the image I've uploaded is a vector image? Am I able to use it as the source file for printing? I'd hate to give the wrong file and have our prints turn out bad. If it's not, is there a way to make it vector or will I have to get the original file from whoever made it?

LogoHeader (1) (1).png

Hi @John Walker
What's most important is to know exactly the format the vendor accepts for you masks. Your image is not a vector mask it is a PNG mask with transparency. The white areas around the logo are transparent so when printing, the background material color will surround the logo.

"If" PNG format is acceptable, the image below is a 12x enlargement of your image done it a way to avoid the blocky squares that can occur on the edges.
Hope the info and the image are helpful
If you need something even more refined, then having it converted to vector format or finding the original vector art would be the way to go.
John Wheeler

LogoHeader-standard-scale-12x.png

Hi @John Walker
I had a bit of extra time and am learning photoshop illustrator so used its vector trace capabilities and have provided the AI and PDF (vector) files below. The image below is a screen shot of the vector file as a preview.
Hope this helps
John Wheeler
Screen Shot 2021-03-17 at 4.49.26 PM.png

Attachments

• LBPLogo.ai
    427.1 KB · Views: 1
  • LBPLogo.pdf
    421.3 KB · Views: 0
UPDATED VECTOR FILES
Just realized that the prior vector files supplied in the last post had a white background instead of a transparent background.
Here are the same versions with a transparent background (if I did it right) both in AI format as well as PDF format
John Wheeler

Attachments

• LBPLogo-w bkgnd trnasparent.pdf
    136.6 KB · Views: 3
  • LBPLogo-w bkgnd trnasparent.ai
    136 KB · Views: 2
A bit off-topic. Is it possible to print sheets containing images in vector format? I am trying to upload a set of plans to a city but they require all sheets to be in vector form.

Hi @Scooby Magic
So others could benefit from the discussion probably would be better to start a new thread...yet
the answer in general is yes. You did not mention the specific file format in question e.g. AI, PDF, SVG.
PDF for example can hold vector graphics and text and is easily printable with Adobe Reader, Adobe Acrobat Pro, and most PDF apps.
You can try it out by downloading the PDF file in my post above yours and print it out to verify.
If I misunderstood your question might be good to open up a thread on this topic because I am sure it would be of interest to others
Hope this helps
John Wheeler

Hey tha
Hi @John Walker
What's most important is to know exactly the format the vendor accepts for you masks. Your image is not a vector mask it is a PNG mask with transparency. The white areas around the logo are transparent so when printing, the background material color will surround the logo.

"If" PNG format is acceptable, the image below is a 12x enlargement of your image done it a way to avoid the blocky squares that can occur on the edges.
Hope the info and the image are helpful
If you need something even more refined, then having it converted to vector format or finding the original vector art would be the way to go.
John Wheeler

View attachment 119585
thank you. I was talking to somebody thatvsays they might be able to hunt down the original Vector Image. If not, this might work! Thanks.

Hi @John Walker
I had a bit of extra time and am learning photoshop illustrator so used its vector trace capabilities and have provided the AI and PDF (vector) files below. The image below is a screen shot of the vector file as a preview.
Hope this helps
John Wheeler
View attachment 119587
This is spectacular, tha k you so much. We might be able to track down the original Vector Image, but if not, this definitely will work! Thank you.

Back