What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Vector Graphic Needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fordguy1

Hi just wondering if someone can make this into a vector graphic.

Thanks in Advance.

The ave no border.JPG

[ iLLuSioN ]

Power User
It's the logo from here...

Why do you wanna rebuild this logo when it already exists?

fordguy1

Because I am doing up a race car for them for when The supercars race on the Gold Coast in October. The original logo doesn't look real god.

sample.JPG

fordguy1

I talked to one of the part owners of the Avenue last October when I was on The Gold Coast and I asked him if he would like me to do a car up for him for advertising purposes for when the Supercars go there in October this year. They just left it up to me how I wanted to do it, why the third degree ?

polarwoc

Guru
They just left it up to me how I wanted to do it, why the third degree ?
Because when it comes to logos, copyright rules kick in. The members who want to attempt the request just need to be certain they are not involving themselves in any infringements.

I was making an attempt on it without knowing that this is a registered logo. I could not get the exact font, because the font is a paid one. So, my attempt uses a Free Font that looks similar - but not same. You would have to purchase the font if you want something that matches.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I talked to one of the part owners of the Avenue last October when I was on The Gold Coast and I asked him if he would like me to do a car up for him for advertising purposes for when the Supercars go there in October this year.
Hey! Just a quick observation........whenever I work with any business, large or small, on a logo related advertising project, they can always provide me with a copy of the original logo file that's in a vector format. They would also be able to provide you with copies of professionally taken photos of the car. Have you asked them for the file or photos?

why the third degree ?
I don't think the guys are giving you the third degree, it just seems a bit suspicious that you would be here asking for a free edit on a LOGO for an advertising project that you set up with the part owner. As I stated above, they should be able to provide you with a copy of the original logo and high res photos of the car.

Also, when dealing with logo requests, whether anything could possibly come of it, logo edits do expose individual members to possible copyright infringements. Having stated this, there's nothing against our forum rules in this request. It's up to the individual members as to whether or not they want to participate.

If you are just wanting to do this for your own personal project, then I would be willing to offer you advice on how you could go about re-creating this logo using the shape tools in Ps. But I personally would not be willing to do this free edit for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.