What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

VERY New to PS

Nana

Hello, Everyone!
I have just recently begun doing some volunteer work and am using PS for the first time. For the project I am working on, I have been taught a lot of the basics for which we will be using PS but I have come across a problem that I'm not sure is a PS issue or if it is a scanning issue. I am working with black and white pen and ink drawings that are on aged card stock in a 9x12 size that are then scanned and moved to a new page with measurements of 5.5 x 7.25. When I move all of the images to the new page, I then lasso and move each individual image amongst the page-full of images to arrange them in an eye-appealing design. The scanned overall image seems to carry with it a greenish shadowing so each item that I lasso and transfer to a different location on the new page has a green halo around it. I've tried numerous options and, so far, I'm not able to achieve the totally white background that I would like to have. If I continue the way I have been doing it so far, I fear that my mouse hand will freeze in the position it takes to paint out every sighting of the green halo around each item that was moved. Could this be an issue that can be cleared up by changing scanning settings or is there a way to use the eyedropper and paint bucket to whiten up the background of the scanned original before moving the drawings over to the new document? Thank you, in advance, for any answers you can give me.
Nana