What's new

Specific Vintage image retouch

Bateman1988

Hi creators,

I scanned this image of my grandpa, a picture from the 1940s. I want to put this on a huge canvas for my wall. I dont really care about the scratches and stuff, but the lightning / contrast is all over the place, especially the lower part looks a bit blown out, if you know what I mean.

The image is a scanned tiff file, I hope it doesnt lose quality by uploading it here cause I need it for a canvas later on :) I wonder what you can make of it. Cheers!

Attachments

Bateman1988

Thanks alot JJLAPIN, the haze is a lot less. The sharpness is good, I think it shouldn't be sharper then this. Not to sound picky, but could u maybe add more contrast or black to the part beneath, does it still look a bit misty / blurred?, compared to the gravel near his shoes.

But I really appreciate your time and effort, looks way better :)

Bateman1988

Are there names for those vintage colors? I mean, you have black & white, that orange-ish tint etc, I need to decide what I want for my canvas print.

Your printshop would print your poster in the colors like you see on my file. Orange-ish tint as you call it.
If you don't want this color, I could easily change it to a more black and white-ish tint.

Bateman1988

Ok, its done! I have placed an order for a canvas print. I wont say which edit I choose to not dissapoint here anyone, but I'm really, really happy. Proud to get this image of my grandpa on my wall. :)