What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Want a logo design for my new side business, help is appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.

mckchun

Hi everyone,

I started a new side business and I want a logo for that.
I already have the website running and I want someone to help me out with the logo because I am not good at Photoshop or logo designs.

Basically, I'm working on online music therapy, my username on youtube is zensbeat. I would like the logo to use a big Z or ZB if possible. I accept creative and crazy designs because I emphasis on creativity all the time.

My website is www.zensbeat.com
Maybe you could visit the site and get some insights from there.

I have a low budget this time but will sure to spend more on logo once I earn more.

I'm expecting a quick design for $10-15, and I can pay by paypal or EMT

Let me know if you want to take on this small project or have any questions.

Matt

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
I've never seen one you could actually do for $10-15 if one's considers all the time it takes sending e-mails etc. As expensive as things are this day and time , even if you did it an hour you would be losing money. Comes out to less than minimum wage in the long run.

ibclare

Queen Bee
Hi chun, I remember you. Assuming you are whom I remember LOL. I worked on composite images for you last year I think. Anyway, good luck; I will take a look and if it is something I think I can do in a modern way, I will give it a shot.

Do you have a preference in font assuming any is used. I mean, that is, would you like a handmade Z or ZB rather than some standard font. We used journal font for the work I did, but that has no strength for a logo message. Nevertheless, if you like that font, a logo could be designed with that kind of emphasis b ut in a more bold manner.

So, let us know your preferences, colors, emotional impact, strong and bold or gentle and subtle, etc.

ibclare

Queen Bee
Here is one basic logo creation to consider with a couple variations. I don't care for the musical notes actually and tried them about 5 ways. But if you like the basic logo or want a different style, let me know what you're thinking. No gradient, thicker letter, more straight lines, fewer curliques, etc.

Take a look at the jpeg with the gold background. I am having two different calibrations on my monitor. The gold should show up as a soft sort of dull gold, not yellow greenish gold. If it shows up the greenish variety then the logo letters are too bright and also too green.

I need that feedback too. Thanks.

Basic letters, handmade:

ZensBeat.jpg

One with dark musical notes . . .

ZensBeatMusicalNotes.jpg

one with more and white notes . . .

ZensBeatMusicalNotes_2.jpg

I tried overlaying low opacity, larg notes over the logo and it just was too busy, so don't ask for that. It just won't work.
Anyway, let me know what you think please. :devilish:

ibclare

Queen Bee
I had some feedback from a friend who thought the left side curve on the Z should be wider and more rounded.

I think that is a good evaluation.

Slightly altered plain logo:

ZensBeatMusicalNotes_a.jpg

and the logo without gradient:

ZensBeatMusicalNotes_b.jpg

Last edited:

mckchun

I really like the altered one, but with gradient and musical black notes would be great.
Adding a smaller font "Zens Beat" under the big ZB would be great too.

I also like rounded corners if there's a background.

For output file, 4:3 is preferred for aspect ratio

Thanks for your help!

ibclare

Queen Bee
Hi, I made this several different variations. You will have to tell me if these are the notes you wanted to use or not, if there are too many, if you want them rearranged or not. I made the notes in three shades/tones: black, greyed out, light teal, and pale gold.

ZensBeat_BLACK.jpg

ZensBeat_GREYED.jpg

ZensBeat_LT-TEAL.jpg

ZensBeat_GOLD.jpg

I used the same font as we used for your FB banner last year. That is, of course, simple to change, as are font size, color, etc.

ibclare

Queen Bee
I think the text Zen's Beat is too dark for the latter 3 images. It works well when offset by the black; otherwise it overwhelms the rest of the logo. IMO.

Big btw: do you want "zensbeat" as in your youtube?

I forgot the rounded corners, but that too is an easy fix. I need to know: 1) Will this be on a white or color bg, 2) do you want the bg for the logo white or in some color; 3) if a color, then what family, etc. Making the edges rounded is cool if there is a difference in each bg, but if you want the logo to float on the bg and not mess with the color codes to get them perfectly, the best way is for me to give you the logo as a png, or in multiple formats depending how and where you
may want to use them.

So your thoughts overall . . .

Here is a for instance on the text and font color change:

ZensBeat_FontColorChng.jpg

Last edited:

ibclare

Queen Bee
I was just thinking, 4 may be an unlucky number on the fading ZBs, so I can make that 5. It is better anyway from a design (as in interior design and arrangements) to keep the object an odd number arrangement. Let me try that and post it here, editing this post in a few minutes.

EXPERIMENT-1b.jpg

Kind of a heart "beat," yes?

Last edited:

ibclare

Queen Bee
LOL, maybe we should count that as 7 objects (a very good number), using the logo as 6 and the youtube as 1).

Has a nice beat: 1-2-3-4- 5-6- 1-2-3-4- 5-6- etc.

EXPERIMENT-1c.jpg

mckchun

I like the one on post #9 the most.

I want "Zens Beat" for name and centre horizontally. Other than that, everything looks good

mckchun

actually i saw #13 just now, and i like it the most.

but still prefer "Zens Beat" for name.

And i would like to see blue instead of green and compare

thanks for your effort, we are getting there!

Im glad you are having fun in the process, it's a pain for me to do PS~

Last edited:

ibclare

Queen Bee
Sorry, I was making these changes while you replied, so I'm unsure of what to change. Please clarify, lol.

Do you want the gradient to have less of the green/dark gold and more white to gold to blue?

mckchun

for the name Zens Beat, without the Apostrophe will be great.

I want to know if you could put a sea ocean background before asking for gradient color

Status
Not open for further replies.