What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warming effect?

RichardC

Hi all,
I don?t know if this is legal or not but here is an example of a super warming effect (sort of a golden hue) that I?ve been seeing a lot of in magazine advertisements. Can someone tell me how to achieve this effect? A filter maybe?
RC [confused]

cletus

Photoshop CS sports the new "Photo Filter" that does precisely what you are asking.

Just go Layer >> New Adjustment Layer >> Photo Filter

MindBender

Guru
Simply adjusting the hue/saturation sliders to make the photo appear more "golden" might do the trick. Are you just talking about the colorization? Color balance might be a good one to play with also.

RichardC

Thanks folks....I've played with all the adjustment sliders that I can think of and I can get the golden hue but I lose the other colors in the process. Actually this isn't a very good example of what I'm after. I'll try to find a better one.
I'd like to see the filter in PSCS but have no way to do so at the moment. :)
RC

Moth

Power User
You may wish to try a gold toned gradient applied on a layer set to overlay above your base picture. Playing with the opacity of the gradient layer should give you similar results.

Moth

Power User
That sounds like a cool idea but wouldn't the shadows turn blue? :p

RichardC

[excited] I just tweeked the curve on the red & blue and got close. Then I tried it on another pic and it didn't work :(
'Didn't have any luck with the gradiant overlay approach.
Thanks guys.....RC

ToXin

I'm just an inept muppet, but I'd guess that it depends on which channel is the predominant one in your image... [confused]

RichardC

Yeah.....there's probably no set way to cover all images. I'd sure like to see that PSCS filter work though :(
Hey toXin....I probably have you beat in the inept muppet dept :D [doh] RC