What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Watermark to Prevent editing

maps.boyd

I do hobby photography on the side and I'm happy to work with clients until they're satisfied, however one thing really irks me. The client who voices no concern and then goes and slaps a lame filter on the edited photo. I was wondering if there was a way to maybe put a 50% grey text in each channel that becomes visible once the relative RGB values change or something like that. (I tried the 50% grey, didn't work).

Classic watermarking doesn't really cut it in this case because then your name is just associated with crappy edits.

I don't think I understood completly your problem... i use watermark to avoid not getting paid... to show as an example... but one's is paid the client can do what he wants with the picture... i don't see a way to avoid that either....

Sorry I missed this thread. The following comment is not meant to be sarcastic. I genuinely want to understand!

Just so I'm understanding you..........you take photos and edit them to the clients preferences until they are happy. Then the client, without expressing their concerns or issues with one of your photos goes and slaps a crappy filter on it! Your name is now on or associated with the crappy photo! And you want to know if there's a way to "watermark" the image so that any crappy filters (or other mods) added to the edited photo will become visible?

My question is, how do you negotiate usage terms/rights with these clients? Do you add in a no "crappy filter" or no editing /alterations clause?

Back