What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Batch Automation watermarking, batch, action , droplet

Pratt

Hi,

I have been using Ps CS3 for about 2 years mostly for editing images. I am opening a website and when trying to watermark with the copyright symbol and the text , I would get the text on the images but not the copyright symbol. I tried some online tutorials but - no luck. I finally gave up on symbol and kept text. Now when I wanted to batch via droplet, my droplet processes the file pictures, but I can't find the images in the destination folde - it was empty. So , where all my images went I don't know. I tried the other way to create droplet in destination part to choose "save and close" and this time as soon as I dragged the pictures I would get a message "Photoshop stopped working" and the program would start closing, I would click "cancel" to stop from closing.

Could you please help where I am doing wrong, or perhaps the reason in computer setting in general that not allows Photoshop performing well. I tried a few online bloggers with photoshop tutorials but I didn't get the answer. I hope my issues are solvable.

Thank you,
Pratt

I don't know about your crashes, but to get the copyright symbol (or any other special character) if you are on a Windows computer just go to Start --> Accessories --> System Tools --> Character Map and select the symbol you want, copy it and paste it into the text in Photoshop.

You should be able to easily make an action to do the watermarking, then save and close the image.... You can apply this action to a whole folder of images by choose File --> Automate --> Batch and selecting the action and the folder of images.

watermarking in action

Hi Tron,

Thank you for your time and your advice. I followed your instruction and the © appeared :) in the photoshop activation result,
..but I kept receiving the message that the text was supposed to be rasterized , although after typing the text with the symbol © I went
to "Stylize"- Emboss, and when clicking "emboss" the window shows up asking to rasterize, I click "ok" , then go "bevel and emboss" ...to make
the text transparent, then I stop recording. Next I save it as a copy in PSD, then File-Place-ok. The next Open new image to test and
press play button in action palette. In a few seconds I see the note about requirement of rasterizing. Where do you think I did wrong?

Thank you,
Pratt

If you want to do batch processing especially with save for web this batch processor should do the job.
It will handle adding logo's/text or certain metadata fields (Title, Caption or Headline) it can also insert the filename.
The best this about this is that you can secify the relative size of your text/logo so it will be the same on all sizes of documents.
It does need CS3 or better so should work for you.
Oh and it's got it's own copyright symbol so you can ckick a button to insert it :)

Attachments

• Picture ProcessorII.zip
    12.5 KB · Views: 23
Download and unzip then copy the "Picture ProcessorII.jsx" to the following folder:-
PC: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS#\Presets\Scripts
MAC: <hard drive>/Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS#/ Presets/Scripts
If Photoshop was open, close and re-start it so that Photoshop sees the new script.
To use: File - Scripts - Picture ProcessorII
It should then be fairly easy to follow the on screeen dialog.
:)

Back