What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Gradient Style is This?

Editz

Afternoon,

Could anyone explain to me how to create this gradient on photoshop? It's sectioned into 3 different colors. I have tried all options from the below list but I can't seem to replicate it.

Gradient-copy.jpg

1685713351032.png

Mod edit: Please read the rules for the free edit forum before further posts.

• Activate the Gradient tool and then the Gradient Editor. Create a custom gradient with four colors.
  • The first and last colors are each the same dark blue.
  • The two middle colors are magenta and light blue.
  • Space them equally, something like this:

1685725445428.png

• On the Gradient Tool, select "Angle Gradient".
  • Drag a gradient onto a new layer. Drag from the center, out to one of the corners.
  • You'll get something like this.
  • Create a small circular selection around the center "origin" dot and blur it away so that the gradient's center is smooth.

1685726448738.png

• Add a layer mask to create the donut-shape (or any shape you like).
  • Go to Edit>Transform>Rotate if you need it to look exactly like your sample.
  • Like this:

1685727031372.png

Last edited:
On further thought, you only need three color stops in your gradient, not four.
Create a custom gradient with your three colors equally spaced. Like this:

1685728702486.png

Once you drag-out the gradient (from the center) you need to give it a healthy blur to remove the seams. Then rotate and apply a layer mask, as needed.

Back