What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What happened to my sharp corners?

Rundle67

I use PS to draw line art and then color it. So my understanding of deep PS mysteries is limited. I am using PS CS6 Version 13 in Windows 7.

I was trying to figure out how to make the Rounded Rectangle Tool make rectangles with rounded corners as it was only making ordinary square-corned rectangles just like the Rectangle Tool. I somehow accomplished this and was even able to adjust the radius of the corners. I don't remember how I did this (and that's the trouble) but I was happy.

I normally draw lines and shapes with the Pen Tool then grab the Brush Tool and go to the Paths palette and click on the little Stroke circle which strokes the line I have drawn.

Unfortunately, now when I use the Pen Tool to draw a shape, a triangle for instance, and stroke it with the Brush Tool the corners are not sharp and pointy like before (and like I want) but are rounded. How can I get the sharp corners back when I stroke the lines of the shape I have made?

Rounded Corners.JPG

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
How can I get the sharp corners back when I stroke the lines of the shape I have made?
Here's a "cheat" for CS6.

Use your Pen Tool set to "shape" to create a triangle....
Screen Shot 2022-06-28 at 1.32.29 AM.png

Add a stroke layer style.
Set the color and width of stroke.
Set stroke for inside.
Screen Shot 2022-06-28 at 1.33.25 AM.png

Now lower the layers "Fill" to 0%
Sharp cornered triangle!!
Screen Shot 2022-06-28 at 1.34.30 AM.png

Use the Pen Tool, Direct Selection Tool, or Free Transform to edit shape, and the stroke layer style to edit the stroke.
Screen Shot 2022-06-28 at 1.58.42 AM.png

Last edited: