What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What I'm working on today ^_^

Adam McIntyre

Creating a piece of custom artwork for branded product marketing.

The artwork will be used for email, social media and print marketing.

What do you think guys/gals?

Preview.png

LRG

hey Adam,
i like your design! but apply some perspective on the label(maybe some gradient or shadow would do the work also) cause it seems pretty unrealistic on the left and on the right imo.

Adam McIntyre

Thanks, the bottles have been provided by the client, I can't edit them. They're on Smart Object layers anyway, they can be very easily replaced ;-)

Paul

Former Member
The leaner stronger font as a green shadow, and it's playing on my eyes slightly, is it my eyes or is it effecting anyone else?

Adam McIntyre

I see what you mean, it'll actually print yellow, but I think post processing the JPEG has altered the colour slightly. Good spot!

fenix

Guru
I like the design but I have to agree with LRG regarding the label. It looks a bit too flat.

Hoogle

Guru
I like the design the only things leaning towards criticism would be the shadow on the text like paul says it is not distinctive enough from the type and makes it look blurry and out of focus maybe it is because I am looking at it on a large screen. and also the main product where you have the highlights down the sides actually makes it look like a flat 4th jar I know that is your clients image but does not quite look right so maybe suggest changing it to them. I hate seeing good work by a designer degraded like that. Just another thing to point out the highlights over his body is actually softening the definition of his pecs, 6 pack and arms surely if your advertising a product that claims to be the opposite to that then they would want to fix that. Yes I know my last 2 critiques are out of your hands but LIke I said it must be hard to see your good work being softened by clients own stuff.

LRG

just a -10% arch warp on the label and the bottle. sry for the crappy quality u will do it better using the smart objects if u want to...
(you can apply a smaller amount of warp because of the nature of your composition(text is under the bottles, we "are" in front of the bottles)

Untitled-1.jpg

on the final unprocessed one: i think the two bottles behind are too blurred relative to the yellow lines.

Last edited:

Adam McIntyre

As i said, the images aren't mine to edit.

Yeah I agree with you on the blurriness, I've since reduced that.