What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Humor What is the new feature of iphone 11?(PS:Have a surprise)

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello and welcome.

I wholeheartedly support your efforts and I'm willing to help you out in any way..................but, I'm very sorry, I don't understand the comic. It does not make sense to me.

I assume we (the audience) are supposed to read the comic from left to right, top to bottom.

You get a new iPhone 11 Pro, you take it out of the box, it looks fantastic and you're in love, then you click on the Apple logo located on the back of the phone, then you show (in the next frame) the actual camera from the iPhone, and then SURPRISE, the camera suddenly turns into a different giant camera, and then you throw it down.

This would make way more sense if, in the second frame, you drew the guy with a thought bubble thinking about the iPhone and the cool three lens camera................then when he opens the box, SURPRISE, you only have the big single lens camera..............then throw it down. You could remove the two middle frames altogether and it would make better sense.........to me.

I don't understand the two middle frames!!! Why click on the Apple logo? Clicking the Apple logo is not a feature of the iPhone. Then, after clicking on the Apple logo, why would you show the iPhone with the normal camera lenses? Then in the next frame you show the SURPRISE.................what caused the camera lens to change? The click on the Apple logo? Why throw the iPhone? Just click on the Apple logo again and turn it back to the three lens camera!

Final question, why does the guy in the bottom left frame have a nose (or maybe an ear?) and the others don't?

Your frames are off.
Screen Shot 2019-09-16 at 1.08.10 PM.png

I saw you struggling with that in the video. The solution is easy. Here is one way to do this.

Just set up your guidelines.
Screen Shot 2019-09-16 at 1.17.17 PM.png

Use your Rectangular Marquis Tool to make the selections....
Screen Shot 2019-09-16 at 1.17.55 PM.png

On a new layer fill with white.
Then add a stroke layer style.
Perfect!
Screen Shot 2019-09-16 at 1.18.38 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-16 at 1.21.31 PM.png

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hey, this is the version of the animation I made with PHOTOSHOP, and there is a part of the production process.
Just as a side note, the term animation usually implies the illusion of movement. What you have is called a comic strip.

JAY PSdrawing

Banned
Hello and welcome.

I wholeheartedly support your efforts and I'm willing to help you out in any way..................but, I'm very sorry, I don't understand the comic. It does not make sense to me.

I assume we (the audience) are supposed to read the comic from left to right, top to bottom.

You get a new iPhone 11 Pro, you take it out of the box, it looks fantastic and you're in love, then you click on the Apple logo located on the back of the phone, then you show (in the next frame) the actual camera from the iPhone, and then SURPRISE, the camera suddenly turns into a different giant camera, and then you throw it down.

This would make way more sense if, in the second frame, you drew the guy with a thought bubble thinking about the iPhone and the cool three lens camera................then when he opens the box, SURPRISE, you only have the big single lens camera..............then throw it down. You could remove the two middle frames altogether and it would make better sense.........to me.

I don't understand the two middle frames!!! Why click on the Apple logo? Clicking the Apple logo is not a feature of the iPhone. Then, after clicking on the Apple logo, why would you show the iPhone with the normal camera lenses? Then in the next frame you show the SURPRISE.................what caused the camera lens to change? The click on the Apple logo? Why throw the iPhone? Just click on the Apple logo again and turn it back to the three lens camera!

Final question, why does the guy in the bottom left frame have a nose (or maybe an ear?) and the others don't?

Your frames are off.
View attachment 106237

I saw you struggling with that in the video. The solution is easy. Here is one way to do this.

View attachment 106238

View attachment 106239
Hello and welcome.

Your frames are off.
View attachment 106237

View attachment 106238

View attachment 106239

Perfect!
View attachment 106240

View attachment 106241

Perfect!
View attachment 106240

View attachment 106241
Thank you for your detailed and pertinent suggestions. The inspiration for this piece comes from the disappointment of some people about the new iPhone, Apple Inc does not seem to meet people's expectations for the new iPhone.
So I use the form of a gyro to express this phenomenon.
(The click on the Apple logo? )Just a way of expression。 (Why throw the iPhone?)This action is used to express the loss of the heart and a little anger. XD

I did have some problems when drawing the frame, and I will improve next time.
I don't seem to see the ear you said.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I can clearly see that our language barrier has caused you not to understand my questions. This happens at times. I will not comment any further.

JAY PSdrawing

Banned
Maybe we can communicate normally in the future. Although I wanted to learn English but didn't have the opportunity to use it, it made me lose interest and motivation. Now is a good opportunity, I think this motivation can make me more patient to learn English.

MentosCubing

Power User
I'm very sorry, I don't understand the comic. It does not make sense to me.
I understood it just fine. In fact, it made my day when I first saw it. But maybe it's one of those things that only appeals to a very specific audience.

This would make way more sense if, in the second frame, you drew the guy with a thought bubble thinking about the iPhone and the cool three lens camera................then when he opens the box, SURPRISE, you only have the big single lens camera..............then throw it down.
In the middle two frames of the comic, the iPhone's three cameras are turned into a fidget spinner. They begin spinning around (that's not one big camera, it's just a lot of circular motion blur on the fidget spinner). This is why the character angrily throws the phone down.
In this comic, OP is pointing out that the new iPhone's camera looks like a fidget spinner. I got a good chuckle out of it. Of course, now that I've explained the joke, it won't be as funny to you.

That is a drop of sweat, or perhaps a tear, indicating the character's dissatisfaction.
Here's a remake that might make the joke a little more clear (assuming I've interpreted it correctly). I decided to opt for those old image macro faces people used a few years ago as my character.
iPhone 11.png
Also, to OP: Your English is actually quite good. Better than many native English speakers where I live, other than the misunderstanding of the word "animation". Unless you are using a translator, I think you've already learned English quite well :D

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
In the middle two frames of the comic, the iPhone's three cameras are turned into a fidget spinner.
AHHHHHHH. I didn't know that was a fidget spinner! Makes better sense knowing that. Press the Apple logo and the spinner spins.

I understood it just fine. In fact, it made my day when I first saw it. But maybe it's one of those things that only appeals to a very specific audience.
Yes I would agree 100 percent!

In the middle two frames of the comic, the iPhone's three cameras are turned into a fidget spinner. They begin spinning around (that's not one big camera, it's just a lot of circular motion blur on the fidget spinner). This is why the character angrily throws the phone down.
In this comic, OP is pointing out that the new iPhone's camera looks like a fidget spinner. I got a good chuckle out of it. Of course, now that I've explained the joke, it won't be as funny to you.
I'm glad that you noticed this. I did not notice the fidget spinner. In the lower left frame of the original comic, it looks more like one big camera lens than it does a spinning object. It was not clear to me what was going on. Your right, explaining it only makes the humor more confusing. You should not have had to explain it in the first place.

That is a drop of sweat, or perhaps a tear, indicating the character's dissatisfaction.
OK.

Thanks for taking the time to explain this!

Also, to OP: Your English is actually quite good. Better than many native English speakers where I live, other than the misunderstanding of the word "animation". Unless you are using a translator, I think you've already learned English quite well
From what I was told in a PM, the OP is using Google Translate. This is why the OP had trouble understanding me and answering.

Congratulations @MentosCubing!! Your comic version is much easier to interpret. While I don't exactly see the humor, at least I would have understood the comic strip! Your version of the fidget spinner and the spinning spinner is fantastic!!!! Great job!

JAY PSdrawing

Banned

Here's a remake that might make the joke a little more clear (assuming I've interpreted it correctly). I decided to opt for those old image macro faces people used a few years ago as my character.
View attachment 106264
Also, to OP: Your English is actually quite good. Better than many native English speakers where I live, other than the misunderstanding of the word "animation". Unless you are using a translator, I think you've already learned English quite well :D

Wow, thank you for your explanation. I can only speak a little English now, so I use google translation to communicate with everyone.
It would be nice if you could move the camera's 3 lenses to the fingertip gyro.:)