What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What style

RCartledge

i'm making a new website fora group of friends of mine and i'm stuck on the logo.

the style that i want is like the godfather one (see picture) only i dont know what style/effect i should use, please help me

thanks in advanced

Welcome aboard RCartledge! :)

The image that you have posted, as an example, is quite small... but my first thoughts are:

1. Add noise
2. Bevel and Emboss

Give it a 'play' and enjoy your time here! ;)

Id do exactly what wbiss said, except i'd just do add noise, then blur very slightly, then select a square of it as a pattern(edit-->define pattern)(there are probably inbuilt texture patterns that are good to use in ps). then use the texture option under bevel in the blending options(right click layer in pallette and chose 'blending options', and use that pattern for the texture. Since the letters are already beveled then this wont be very harmful to the image, as it is just a blending layer...

thanks for both of you help. following you advice the below image is what i came up with. i doesn't look exactly what the origonal looks like but i got the effect i was looking for

it's not finished yet but i know what to do now

:perfect: B7 So long as you got to where you wanted to go RCartledge and learned something along the way... that's what it's all about! ;)

Back