What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What was the #1 song in the U.S.A. the day you were born?

Geez, Lily am i getting old :cry:
Elvis was on top of the charts, Eisenhower was in the white house and Don Larsen pitched a perfect game in the world series. What a year!

Born Mar 20, 1945 and the top song then was:

"Rum and Coca-Cola" by The Andrews Sisters

;)

ljiljana .. had a look at that site ... never heard of the song they listed (I've never heard of Vaughn Monroe!! .. [confused] .. lol ..)
Doc .. yer just a tad older than me ... I'm not getting old, just wrinkly ... but photoshop fixes that .. lol .. (still have full head of hair though ... but am working on 'making hair brushes in Photoshop' .. just in case I need to 'mod' my photos in the future!! .... :) ..)

http://www.vaughnmonroesociety.org/

.. mine is "Cry" by Johnnie Ray & the Four Lads
and I never heard of him before.... and I found that he was deaf!
Unbelievable!

Have fun!

Elvis was on top of the charts, Eisenhower was in the white house and Don Larsen pitched a perfect game in the world series. What a year!

Yes nitro , those were the days! ;)

Just to let you guys know how ancient I am, the first tune that I heard out of the confines of my mother's innerds, was probably something like "Jailhouse Rock" by a little known guy called Elvis something...

Though, the first tune that I actually remember was "Ain't That A Shame"

ljiljana .. thanks for that link ... so thoughtful of you ... I didn't think to google him ... doh!

SCync .. first song I can remember hearing was "How much is that doggy in the window" ;\ ;\ ... lol ... and that's when I found my singing voice, aged 4 .... :rofl: :rofl:

March 6, '44

Besame Mucho (Kiss Me Much)" by Jimmy Dorsey

Hmm, I think I liked Elvis more.?? [shhh]? ? I've never heard of that song.? ?LOL

Thanks Klaatu , it is so kind of you. I found the site and lyrics,
but I was very suprised when I read his biography!
And how the songs fits to some of us, well.. that is very strange! \:/

And what is yours? Please!

namvet, you are welcome!

ljiljana said:
Thanks? Klaatu , it is so kind of you. I found? the site and lyrics,
but I was very suprised when I read his biography!
And how the songs fits to some of us, well.. that is very strange!? \:/
Yeah, he was born January 10th (another Capricorn).
And what is yours? Please!
Same as you but born January 12th. You're right about his songs (and life) reflecting in some ways our own.

We have been an artist and musician from a very early age. Lost the hearing in our LEFT ear years ago. Wrote a song called "Crying." Gained some notoriety overseas. Weird, huh?

Klaatu I knew you are January kid, but didn't know the year.
Same as you but born January 12th.
And now I love you more.. my younger daughter was born on day 12 in January!

and for this...
We have been an artist and musician from a very early age. Lost the hearing in our LEFT ear years ago. Wrote a song called "Crying." Gained some notoriety overseas. Weird, huh?

..more love from me!
I would love to hear the song. Is it possible? if not lyrics will do just fine.

mine is "big bad john" by Jimmy Dean.

how did that make it into the top 10, top 50, let alone be the #1 song?

thanks ljiljana for the site, it was fun.

Morning Campers
I've been reading for a day or so, looking for a spot to jump in with my first post.
"I Saw mommy kissing Santa Claus"
A joy to be in such esteemed company.

What a hoot, great find
Arfa

ljiljana said:
Klaatu I knew you are January kid, but didn't know the year. And now I love you more.. my younger daughter was born on day 12 in January!

Feeling the love. :D

Do you two combine your birthday celebrations?

and for this... ..more love from me!
I would love to hear the song. Is it possible? if not lyrics will do just fine.

We'll see if we can dig it up and send it to you (offline).

Do you two combine your birthday celebrations?

Oh no, you know women ... we want to have as many selebrations as possible in one year. ;)

Looking forward to get it. You know my e-mail addy, right?

Guys you are welcome, I had fun too with this back in time journey! 8D

Back