What's new

whats the keyboard short cut to the toggle between alpha channel & the original layer

balavalli

whats the keyboard short cut to the toggle between alpha channel & the original layer in windows environment ?? :banghead:

balavalli

Re: whats the keyboard short cut to the toggle between alpha channel & the original l

ok i think i found it its tilde (~) key ?? its really useful short cut indeed. Let me try.

Tom Mann

Guru
Re: whats the keyboard short cut to the toggle between alpha channel & the original l

On my system, the default assignment is:

Ctrl + \ to switch from layer contents to the layer mask, and

Ctrl + 2 to switch from the layer mask to the layer contents.

Obviously, you can reassign these if you want. For example, I would love it if the same keystroke would simply toggle between the two, and didn't require a different shortcut for each direction.

Tom M

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

There isn't one.

Just drag the Channels Panel from the docked position if you need to both at the same time.

Screen Shot 2015-10-03 at 8.12.04 AM.png

Or........

If you want to go from the alpha to original state just click the RGB.

Original RGB (original state)
Screen Shot 2015-10-03 at 8.22.05 AM.png

Now click once in the body of the alpha layer.
Screen Shot 2015-10-03 at 8.22.13 AM.png

To go back, click on the RGB layer again.

Last edited:

Tom Mann

Guru

Thanks, Sam. I saw "alpha channel" but somehow that registered in my mind as "layer mask" not as one of the three regular color channels or an added alpha channel. :redface:

T

balavalli

Thank you for the replies. Thansk a ton Iamsam and Tom Mann .Kudos to you both.