What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

when i flatten image i lose my bevel edge on my frame?????

egosbar

Guru
i created an action for a frame , but when i flatten the image too save as tiff the bevels dissapear can anyone tell me why this is happening

Attachments

• MJE_1071 flattened.jpg
    MJE_1071 flattened.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 27
  • MJE_1071 .jpg
    MJE_1071 .jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 27

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
This is one thing I've noticed when flattening psds with effect layers.. effects are lessened.

Try flattening layers with effects first - create a new layer above the layer with effect and merge together. Afterwhich, flatten the entire psd.

Hope this helps....

inkpad.t

Guru
Use.. shift,cont and alt at the same time and then press E and this will make a stamp copy on top of all the layers, I have not lost effects to date doing it this way, not that I've notice anyway. you can always delete the stamp if happens again.

MikeMc

McGuru
Use.. shift,cont and alt at the same time and then press E and this will make a stamp copy on top of all the layers, I have not lost effects to date doing it this way, not that I've notice anyway. you can always delete the stamp if happens again.

Make sure that the TOP layer is highlighted when you do this.....If not your new layer will NOT include any of the layers above your active layer.

I always do this, cannot recall ever losing anything.