What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where would I find the layer styles I create myself?

NikkiGee

Hello lovely people, Happy New Year to you all.. I have used photoshop periodically over about 10 years, but I started off using paint shop pro, but I have taught myslef a lot over the last few months as I really want to just use photoshop full time now, as I really do love it soooo much :inlove: and have googled this question, and cant find an answer anywhere.

I have designed a few layer styles myself, and used the save style options, but for love nor money can I find them again :rolleyes: so after I saved the style, I go to the little 3 lines in the preset manager, and it shows all of the styles Ive ever imported, but there is no sign on the ones I have created myself :cry: I wanted to keep the ones Ive created myself in the same place. Do I have to re-load the sytles I saved, and if so, where would I find them, as they are not in my preset>styles folder on windows explorer either.

Thank you in advance xx

Heyy... I did a little test, and I found it and didnt realise I had to reload it.. I did try to delete the post but couldnt xxx

I did a little test, and I found it and didnt realise I had to reload it
If you only just created the layer style, you should not have to load it, it will be in your Styles panel or in the Preset Manager under "Styles".

If it was a style that you created in an older version of Ps and it was not transferred to your newer version, then you would have to find the style in the presets of the older version and reload in the new.

Screen Shot 2022-01-08 at 12.28.07 PM copy.png

Back