What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which brushes did I use?

Galaxy

Hello, this is going to probably be a hard one but before I had reset my PC I had downloaded a certain set of brushes, one being very important for the textures I make. I hoped one of you would recognize it or know a very similar one. Below is a preview of what I made with it.

927bc07d2610defe82bb59d7f03f2117.png

I think it's some sort of dry brush, and because I'm a loser I probably searched for something like "Photoshop Free Dry Brush". Let me know if you know something similar, all help is appreciated.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hey Galaxy, and welcome to PSG.

There are virtually thousands of brushes and brush sets available on the internet. Some subsets like grunge or dry brush are huge! They may all contain similar or the exact same brushes. The trick to finding a particular brush or set, is that the example brush must have a unique and recognizable pattern that can be used for comparison. Unfortunately, your example is quite vague and none of the brush features stand out. As you stated, there are several brushes used and not just one in particular.

I don't think your inquiry is without merit, it was worth a shot. The thread has been viewed 151 times without any suggestions. But if you yourself can't find comparable brushes, I think it's a bit of a stretch to have any expectation that anyone else would be able to find them for you.

On another note, I do suggest that you create a file that contains all the brushes and sets that you download. Additional computer backups are essential in cases like this! If your not using one, you should look into getting one, they are lifesavers!

I hope someone can help you out, but if they don't, you need to accept the outcome and refrain from bumping the thread. Good luck!

Galaxy

Hey Galaxy, and welcome to PSG.

There are virtually thousands of brushes and brush sets available on the internet. Some subsets like grunge or dry brush are huge! They may all contain similar or the exact same brushes. The trick to finding a particular brush or set, is that the example brush must have a unique and recognizable pattern that can be used for comparison. Unfortunately, your example is quite vague and none of the brush features stand out. As you stated, there are several brushes used and not just one in particular.

I don't think your inquiry is without merit, it was worth a shot. The thread has been viewed 151 times without any suggestions. But if you yourself can't find comparable brushes, I think it's a bit of a stretch to have any expectation that anyone else would be able to find them for you.

On another note, I do suggest that you create a file that contains all the brushes and sets that you download. Additional computer backups are essential in cases like this! If your not using one, you should look into getting one, they are lifesavers!

I hope someone can help you out, but if they don't, you need to accept the outcome and refrain from bumping the thread. Good luck!
Hello Sam and thank you for your reply.

I didn't expect anyone here to know the exact brush I used I was hoping for someone to just know a very similar one and as expected this is probably a hard question to answer. I've got plenty of hard drives laying around that I use to backup my stuff but I really just forgot to back these up sadly :(

If anyone else has any suggestions then I'd appreciate it but otherwise I will have to continue searching on my own.