What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which Scanner

PIXLR66

Hi
I'm looking in to buying a quality scanner to scan old photographs so I am able to repair and re-touch them.

I operate a mac and my budget could push to around £350.

Can anyone direct me or advise me on a scanner that would suit my needs even if it goes outside my budget I would consider it if it were to give me good results.

Thanks PIXLR66

Tom Mann

Guru
Will it be used only for prints, or do u also need to scan negatives and slides What's the largest print u need to scan?

Tom M

PIXLR66

Will it be used only for prints, or do u also need to scan negatives and slides What's the largest print u need to scan?

Tom M

Hi Tom

I wouldn't think anything bigger than a 10 x 8.
As for the negatives, this had not even crossed my mind but I guess if this was an affordable option I would like to also do negatives.

cheers P66

Tom Mann

Guru
It's good that you don't need to scan negatives / slides. Doing so with sufficient resolution to do them justice would cost you big $$$.

For what you need, I would recommend the Epson V500. I just recommended this to one of my customers with similar needs to yours. They purchased one for around $200 USD, and coudn't be happier.

Tom M