What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

White Point?

RichardC

[doh] In an attempt to calibrate my iMac monitor I was confronted with the option to select the white point that "I want".....What the....??!!! [confused]
How am I supposed to know? Can anyone help? Here's a pic of the confusing culprit........RC

It's the "warmth" of your White 9300 is recommended for Web output, while 6300 is the white point close of the one of paper, so if you're outputting to paper, choose 6500
D50 is I think a setting for the light boxes that the photographers use.

Take my answer with a pinch of salt, it's only out of memory...
Check : http://www.computer-darkroom.com/colorsync-display/colorsync_1.htm (don't let the numbers under the page fool you, use the arrows to go further)
And check all his tutorials, he is a very knowledgeable and helpful person!

Thanks sPECtre......I'm still [confused] but I feel like I know a little more about it now. Thanks for the helpful link. [excited] I'm just a photographer trying to make guide prints so I need to print exactly what I see on the monitor without getting too deep into the rocket science of color management [upset] [doh] ......I'm getting close though :) .....RC

Thanks for that link, sPECtre....that's an excellent tutorial!

Back