What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who knows the name of the effect?

stadnique

Hi! Who knows the name of the effect (lightning as in the photo) of the "saber" type. I'm looking for a filter or an effect, it's clear that you can download "lightning PNG" and finish each crack manually, well, I know that there is a ready-made plugin or filter, can someone tell me? Thanks for your attention

photo_2022-04-04_12-42-00.jpg

Not knowing the origin of this image.........I'm guessing a game or maybe a painting, I think this is more of an attempt to simulate a fabric Ghillie suite, or some sort of stringy cammo to be worn under a proper Ghillie so it blends. I don't think this is lightening.

Having stated this, I'm not certain what would be the best way to reproduce the effect. Painted with the Brush Tool would be my best guess.

This was done really fast for demo, you should take your time.
Before
Screen Shot 2022-04-04 at 11.22.46 AM.png

After
Screen Shot 2022-04-04 at 11.23.00 AM.png

Smudge Tool? Texture overlay of some sort?

Thanks, I have also found 2 plugins in AE with which I can do this. And here is my example of manual work PH
Screen Shot 2022-04-04 at 11.22.46 PM2.jpg

Back