What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why is my graphics tablet only drawing straight lines in Photoshop?

stormboy

I just bought a VistaPad Graphics Tablet made by Capax Technology. I am using it on Mac OS X. In Illustrator and every program it works as expected. When I go to use it in Photoshop however, it only lets me draw straight lines (from the starting point to where I release the pressure). This is very very frustrating. It has now been a 4 days that I have been trying to fix the problem. I would have thought that it it works perfect in Illustrator that it would work in Photoshop since they are both CS3. I called up CAPAX and no help what-so-ever and when I contact Adobe they say they can't help. I have the latest drivers, I have reinstalled countless times etc..

I have searched for this on Google and it seems that lots of people are having the same problem (can only draw straight lines in Photoshop) but in all of the forums the people are using different graphics tablets which leads me to believe that it is a Photoshop issue. I am yet to find an answer. Are there any Photoshop experts out there. I would be extremely thankful for your help. Thanks

Hi, just unplug your mouse.

I think Photoshop gets confused if you use both a mouse and tablet.

ummm i had this problem with cs3, if i remeber correctly in preferences there is an option for tablets, also another thing is some tablets have there own software and set of rules on how the tablet works. with my old tablet, i had to choose an option where the tablet is program specific, meaning that Photoshop will control the tablet, not the tablet software.....

hope it was some help

Back