What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Winter Bath (Composite piece)

SMOk3

Power User
It looks really nice and relaxing to the eye.

Argos

Guru
I like the simplicty of it and the final image as a composition.
Clearly the work on the edges of the river can be better, just need to find a snow river image and try to adapt the edges to your river.
Another problem is that you desaturated alot the entire image except the river, makes look her a little like a ghost.
Maybe the river is too small to make it so deep.
Her and the splash have some focus problem .

Cheers!

JazzyScotsman

Banned
This is a composite image. :) The river was originally a snowy mountain road. The road was removed and the water added in its place. The girl was a separate image, as were the mountains in the back. Thank you, guys, for your input! :) And yes! The girl has some issues. Someone else selected the images. I asked for high resolution images, but this was what I was given t work with.

Eggy

Retired Moderator
I'm glad you posted your work.
There are indeed some issues but they can be solved...
One issue is the relationship between the sky and the water. The sky is rather gloomy while the water too bright in comparison.
I suggest you bring both closer together.

As @Argos stated the edge snow/water isn't that natural.
My suggestion would be to keep the snow background untouched and place the water layer on top.
Select a part of the water on both sides, place them on their own layer (ctrl+J) and remove those parts from the original water.
Add a layer mask to the 'waterborders'. Reduce the opacity(or use an overlay blend mode on the water borders so some snow shows through the water.
Use the layer mask to make the water stream borders softer at will.

The lady in the water is fine for me since it is fantasy and to be honest, if I was in that cold water, I wouldn't have much color left on me except some blue...

Oh, I almost forgot, remember to add a faint reflection of the lady in the water...

Last edited:

Argos

Guru
The lady in the water is fine for me since it is fantasy and to be honest, if I was in that cold water, I wouldn't have much color left on me except some blue...

:rofl: My tip in case is not clear is that the river water need desaturate aswell like the rest of the image, if the trees are grey around the river the water can be that blue XD.

JazzyScotsman

Banned
Excellent feedback, guys! Muchas gracias! :) I'll get right to work! In the meantime, I thought you might get a kick out of this. A guy on Reddit wanted himself dropped into a scene. This just popped into my head. Hopefully, it will provide you with a morning smile. :) My dad and mom used to LOVE the Andy Griffith Show. :)

COPS.png

Argos

Guru
I was bored and experiment and have a little fun attemping to add some of the advice to your composition,I work over your work (hope yo dont mind) with no original images you used, so some parts are not very good.

Wniter-Bath2f.jpg

Cheers!