What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Without the baby

Vafann

Guru
I tried it again without the baby, now besides the arms and the background texture, everything is hand drawn. This seems to be going in another direction than photo manipulation, now I´m confused and am not sure what counts as "Photoshopping".

Without-the-baby-2.jpg

Last edited:
why be confused? Enjoy and produce.

Thank you deerie!:) It´s just that i think I am going somewhere with things now that no one here is really interested in, here is for technical things, not judging artistic.

very nice ,such work is called a digital drawing :)different from photomanipulation because you do not use photos ;)

This seems to be going in another direction than photo manipulation, now I´m confused and am not sure what counts as "Photoshopping".

It is still photo manipulation, you're manipulating a photo of an illustration.

You got me started on how I don't like the word "Photoshopping" now. I think "computer-aided illustration" is a better term.
I like that term, it's useful for so many things and it's such a concise description. It's works for people who use Photoshop for drawing (the type that generally happens with a tablet), people who use Photoshop for photo manipulation. It works for people who use Illustrator. It works for architects and engineers who use programs like Autodesk to make blue prints for buildings and machines. It even works for people who make special effects on computers, they just illustrate multiple frames/images at once.

I got the term from here: Insomnia | Commentary | On the Genealogy of "Art Games": A Polemic
It's practically at the bottom of the page. In the paragraph after the Nietzsche quote "To generalize:...". Blink an you'll miss it though so you're best off just reading the whole article from the very beginning. ;) (I'm only kind of kidding, it's well worth reading).

It is still photo manipulation, you're manipulating a photo of an illustration.

You got me started on how I don't like the word "Photoshopping" now. I think "computer-aided illustration" is a better term.
I like that term, it's useful for so many things and it's such a concise description. It's works for people who use Photoshop for drawing (the type that generally happens with a tablet), people who use Photoshop for photo manipulation. It works for people who use Illustrator. It works for architects and engineers who use programs like Autodesk to make blue prints for buildings and machines. It even works for people who make special effects on computers, they just illustrate multiple frames/images at once.

I got the term from here: Insomnia | Commentary | On the Genealogy of "Art Games": A Polemic
It's practically at the bottom of the page. In the paragraph after the Nietzsche quote "To generalize:...". Blink an you'll miss it though so you're best off just reading the whole article from the very beginning. ;) (I'm only kind of kidding, it's well worth reading).

OMG!! I actually tried reading through that whole thing in one session, but now my brain has exploded, and I can hardly breathe from ROFLMAO I don´t know how many times. I have saved it so I can go through it again more carefully later. But PHEW! lol! :)

You are here again Vafann, believe in yourself mate. We do, and the fruits are definitely blooming right about now mate.

Call me Belial if you want to mate?

Back