What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Woman and elk

fredfish

Guru
A really lovely and evocative image. An excellent piece of work.

For me the lady is too small in comparison to the elk - of course that may have been the intended artistic interpretation. Also the lady appears to be hovering slightly so perhaps a bit more work on the shadows.

Just my humble opinion of course - I really like the overall feeling of the piece.

Cheers

John

Pipsmom

Guru
I love the feeling of the mist and mystery of the scene too. Agree she needs to be a little bigger in size to and your cut out is much better this time around :thumbsup:
I'd love for you to continue to work this image and bring it to its final glory as it stirs deep artistic abilities....
example not that you have to ......but I get the impression it's cold in the scene ( as you know deer grow there horns in the winter and shed in the spring) so use that advantage to create the elk bellowing some fine mist from his breathing ..ever so gently down upon the maiden. And rework your sun a little bit so it further deepens the mood.
A good one...keep up the good work

fredfish

Guru
Pipsmom I agree with you - it is a potentially great piece. It made me think of the "Mists of Avalon" series of book covers. Definitely worth working on.

Cheers

John

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I really like the concept of this image and the serene atmosphere. Great job!

I agree that the woman is a bit small in relationship to the Elk, but as mentioned by John, I like the artistic implication and I don't think I would change it. While I think your selections are getting better, I think the real problem is in the woman's lighting. The lighting of the background is diffuse and coming from high and in front. The lighting on the woman is bright and coming from the right so it doesn't match. As has also been mentioned, she appears to be hovering and not blended well with the ground.

I don't know if the yellow spot was part of the original image, but if it wasn't, I would do away with that. I'm not sure if it was meant to simulate a lens flare, but with the subdued lighting of the BG, I don't think it goes well with this comp and draws the eye away from the subjects.

I completely agree that you should continue to work on this image.

Argos

Guru
I Agree with the comments, being and open/artistic idea i think the small girl or the big rain deer is a correct and good idea, for me the problem with the small girl beside the light problem commented before is in the composition, the image is too big causing that the girl, one of the strongs of the picture, difficult to see.

With this composition make the girl a giant and i thing the image will improve a lot or cut the image and change the composition if you want the small girl.

Hope it's understadable 15minuts to try to explain this in english :rofl:.

Cheers!