What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WordPress Theme Contest: Create a Theme - Design a Challenge!

DivineTeam

We are looking for gifted designers! Halloween is coming, and we are looking for the one who will make the best WordPress theme design based on this subject.

You will have to create a concept WordPress theme (PSD and WordPress templates) for a blog. The choice of the participants is made by contest.

All participants whose themes will be approved on the Divine Elemente official website will receive 90% from a theme sale. The best theme’s author will get $150 or Divine Elemente license key for free!

Contest participants will have to create a template for WordPress with Divine Elemente. To make sure you know all new features of Divine Elemente plugin, please download the latest Divine Elemente build.

Working out, please follow Contest Terms and Conditions: divine-project.com/contest-terms-designers
Upload your theme to Themes Marketplace: divine-project.com/community/themes

TERM OF THE CONTEST
The Contest begins on October 8, 2011 as posted on the Divine Elemente website, and concludes on November 5, 2011.

The number of themes produced is unlimited! Themes’ authors will get 90% from sales! Contest Winner will get $150 or Divine Elemente software for free!

Design Challenge to win Divine Elemente!

DivineTeam

i can deliver PSD file

Yes, of course. To create a PSD layout with all the elements needed you can use Layout Editor. The only thing left for you is to design every element. In this case you can save your time on the routine creating of all the groups and layers.

fenix

Guru
You publish the created theme on our website in Themes Marketplace section. If someone buys your theme, you will get 90% from its cost.

By other words, the "prize" is to give you 10% if someone decides to buy my own product?:rofl:

Tell me I got that wrong will you

Last edited:

Steve

Retired Administrator
I have a couple of questions.
Will it be necessary at any time in the future to purchase your software, Divine Elemente?
I saw several themes listed at around $35.
If someone buys a theme for $35 from your site the designer receives $31.50 and you take a commission of $3.50?
Does the designer retain rights to the theme.
Is there any fee to submit a theme during this contest period?

Thanks

Hoogle

Guru
I was thinking similar steve earlier. My understanding is that elemente works opposite to software such as sitegrinder. From what I have seen Elemente lets you design a mock template in the app first ie what features you want and then it writes a layered psd file unlike sitegrinder where you do your psd file and then run the plug in. So at what point is your psd being created into a wordpress template if you do not have elemete putting in the components first will your software work from a psd and then convert it or are you expecting us to install the demo version to get the elements then design if that makes sense.

Steve

Retired Administrator
I honestly don't know what the details are which is why I'm asking the questions.
I'm not a designer, and I don't know what falls into the realm of normal acceptable terms.

I do know I don't like what seems like a growing trend of sarcastic, rude, and argumentative replies by our members.
That's why I asked specific questions that were implied but not asked and certainly never answered.

Hopefully DivineTeam can answer these questions and we can move on.

DivineTeam

Q: Will it be necessary at any time in the future to purchase your software, Divine Elemente?

A: It depends on your wishes. If the software suits you, and you are ready to work with the plugin, then it is obvious that you will buy it. If you do not like it, you can make a layout, tune it for your needs, and submit it to our approval. Then we will finish it off (remove the watermarks, sweep it clean, etc.). We will show you the final result. If both you and DE team like it and theme is of high quality, we will publish it.

---

Q: I saw several themes listed at around $35.
If someone buys a theme for $35 from your site the designer receives $31.50 and you take a commission of $3.50?

A: Yes, we get $3.50 for one transaction, 35$ for 100 transactions, etc. for this contest, while designer gets 90% from the theme’s cost (in other words, he/she gets $3150 for 100 transactions),
Note: our Marketplace has just started working, so this money is the domain of science fiction for a short term, but reality for a longer period. Look at the theme download amount starting from May (1600-1900), therefore, it will be about 300-400 downloads per month, and the number of purchases strongly depends on theme quality; but if a theme becomes more and more popular during the years, then your income will increase greatly.

---

Q: Does the designer retain rights to the theme.

A: Our rules are similar to other similar marketplaces, so there is nothing new.
Conditions examples you can see at Envato.

---

Q: Is there any fee to submit a theme during this contest period?
A: No, it is free.

---

If you experience some issues concerning the product, maybe bugs appear in the code, or you just need any other assistance, contact us via Skype: divine_project or using our contact form.