What's new

Specific Would it be possible to lighten up my skin in this picture?

elilley07

Hello guys,

I was wondering if someone would please be able to lighten up my skin here... I'm tanned but not that tanned! It's just the lighting in this particular image combined with the style of editing that gives off a dark and moody vibe - I love the colours of the picture otherwise and so I don't want to simply brighten up or crank up the exposure of the whole image. Any help would be awesome! :heart:

Knox.JPG

thebestcpu

Guru
Here is my try at lightening your skin.
Note that the image you posted had no color space associated with it so I assumed that it is sRGB and assigne that profile and also embedded that profile in my posted result. Not have a color space associated with an image can cause color problems.
It is a bit difficult to know the best skin lightness and color to use yet did my best without a good reference point.
Hope you enjoy the result and other forum members my add more options from which you could choose.
John Wheeler

Knox3--too-dark-adj.jpg

JeffK

Guru
Took a try at it - lightened up the skin tones and the hair a bit. Dress brightened a bit more.
Left all else as is as instructed.
- Jeff
skin lighten edited.jpg

polarwoc

Guru
I was wondering if someone would please be able to lighten up my skin here... I'm tanned but not that tanned! It's just the lighting in this particular image combined with the style of editing that gives off a dark and moody vibe - I love the colours of the picture otherwise and so I don't want to simply brighten up or crank up the exposure of the whole image. Any help would be awesome! :heart:
I think this edit is almost the opposite of what you wanted regards exposure/brightness change. I thought the pic was indeed too dark where you could not see the groom's coat buttons, the beams on the arch on top, etc. Hence, I worked on the brightness, levels, Hue/Saturation and curves to brighten up the girl's skin without trying to alter her skin tone.

Sorry, I worked on the first image. I realised I should have worked on the original unedited one.
1647-After-Knox.jpg