What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Would someone edit a pic for me. Small Detail

You probably are not receiving any responses to your request because you didn't post an image (or a part of one) in the public forum, and you requested that people contact you through private messages.

It is only in very unusual circumstances that we work this way.

This forum is primarily to help people learn to use Photoshop. Within reason (i.e., no X-rated, no forgery of ID or other official documents, etc.), we are fine with guests asking for free photoshop work, and fine with our regulars responding to such requests. However, it is completely up to our members whether to do this or not. They will respond to such a request only if it interests them. This can be because of the technical challenge it presents to them, a humanitarian situation (eg, precious family photo damaged in a flood, helping people prepare photos for funerals/ memorial services, etc.), the subject matter (eg, someone is interested in landscapes or fanciful composites), or some similar reason.

Unfortunately, your request gave absolutely no such information, so our regulars are not likely to respond because they have no idea what they are getting into. For example, what you need might be completely beyond the capabilities of one member, or it might be utterly boring to another. Or, the content might be something they simply don't want to work on, or it might take more time than they have available (no matter that you implied that it's a small amount of work - guests are notoriously bad at estimating this), or they simply are (rightfully) hesitant to begin a private exchange with someone they don't know.

I suggest that if you want some help, you post the image (or at least, a small, non-private part of it) in the public forum and I will bet that your request will receive some interest. You should also describe the problem and exactly what you want done and not omit this critically important information.

Good luck,

Tom M

PS - Ged, I was typing when you responded. Let's see what he says. -- Tom

Last edited:

Back