What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Post Processing Wrong White Balance Created Green Photos

LeannK843

I either forgot to change the white balance or had some setting on my camera wrong and all of the outdoor photos will the mountains in the background came out with a green wash. I only have limited experience with color editing in Photoshop and Lightroom so I've not been able to figure out how to balance out the coloring. Any suggestions or tips would be most appreciated.IMG_1419.JPGIMG_1537.JPG

Sorry, this thread must have been over looked!

No! On occasion, some threads slip by.

I'm not that great with these types of edits, but we have many members who are great with color correction and I'm certain they will be willing to help! Please hang in there!

I tried something similar, but it starts losing the green in her dress and then it creates a weird patchiness on her skin.

I really can't get any tips how I did this. But I'll try to show roughly my workflow.

The colors of the couple and all the clothes I could change with color corrections and curves.
I made just one selection of their skin parts, put this on a new layer and adjusted this separately with curves in each channel.
The background was the impossible part. Because there are large parts with no information.
So I decided to copy a part of the green Background from the other picture from the OP. I put this on a new layer, blend mode multiply, opacity 50%.
All the layers have a layer mask to paint off what you don't need.

IMG_1419chrisdesign.jpg

Thanks for the help. I figured I was going to have to make layers to fix this. I was just dreading it because I have close to 75 shots to fix. I appreciate it!

This is a practice try for me...struggled with it, especially the shadow on the face. Began with an overall curves layer and choosing the black, white, and gray points.
I ended up replacing the sky using neural filters. Then I isolated the woman and treated her with curves and some cloning separately from the background.
Also cloned the brighter areas from the face onto the shadow areas but using a low opacity brush.
Far from perfect but it was a start for me...

mountain portrait.jpg

Last edited:
A quick way to help with the cast is using the Camera Raw Filter and set it to Auto. Then you can do some localized corrections after.
Screen Shot 2022-08-15 at 12.04.45 PM.png

IMG_1537_1.jpg

Back