What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Poll Do you use Photoshop for 3D?

Do you use Photoshop for 3D?

• yes

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • no

Votes: 18 69.2%

• Total voters

RedneckR0nin

I do a little bit but nothing to great so far...all I have really been interested in are cross eyed picks and shifting Gifs that are 3d. I want to get into more design though so I will start to hit that up in my spare time in the summer!

iDad

Guru
funny this came up I just experiment with CS5Ex 3D and came up with this

darn it I just tried to upload a .dae file but no workie..........oh well

HaAwCK

No. Just like 2d games usually are better than 3d games (varies alot from person to person).

4DragonsMedia

3D in Photoshop CS5 doesn't seem to like my machine, but that being said I think it is too primitive to be useful. When they start porting mudbox for live edit, get back to me.

Pepperbel

I think it's still too new a feature :D I'm too lazy to learn something new at the moment I suppose.

Hoogle

Guru
I use it for simple 3d Text but much prefer cinema 4d or studio max far more advanced.

ChrisHPZ

Power User
One of the reasons I bought the new computer is because I wanted to use Photoshop's 3D tools. Of course, my machine does benefit me in using the rest of the CS5 applications that I use. I have Master Collection CS5 and use the most RAM intensive programs it contains, Ps, Ai, Ae, Fl, and Fc. Eventually I'll get around to learning the other 12 applications contained in Master Collection, but for now I am more than enthralled with what I can do with what I use. Learning more by the day as well.

Furio

As far as I understood, the whole 3D thing was introduced to allow users to combine 3D models with 2D imagery, in that context it can be more than useful, even if you know little about 3D modeling.