What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Poll Request opinions on logo name

Which name would you prefer?

• Total voters

Ozlanrz

Hey guys,
I'm in the process of setting up a console based LAN event in my local area and I need some thoughts on the actual name for the event(s) before Logo creation.
As i'm in Australia, the even will either be called Ozlanrz or AusLanrz, which do you think?

ibclare

Queen Bee
They both have their unique appeal. I lean toward Oz. Can you tell us a bit more. Maybe about yourself, your company, your mission . . . ? And what does the rz stand for? Thanks.

Ozlanrz

Sure :)
A couple of months ago I was playing Xbox and thought It'd be cool to go to a LAN party in my local area. I looked around and there wasn't 1 single xbox LAN happening anywhere in my state. So I saw an opportunity to make some money, have a lot of fun and so I decided to run my own :) My mission is to provide the best possible LAN party to people.
I'm big on professionalism so this isn't to be taken lightly, but in saying that my target crowd is a bunch of nerds :p
The rz doesn't stand for anything, it's just better than having "OzLaners".... looks kinda lan(m)e lol

Paul

Former Member
Hi mate, OZ looks better than AUS, simply because the AUS version could be seen as Austria and on a world stage OZ is seen as to mean AUSTRALIA land of the roo.

Hoogle

Guru
Aussielan lol you can confuse them by making them think you missed of the D. Do you really need to put the lan of any abbreviation in the name.

why not just have a cool name and a slogan not sure if it is for competetive use or just fun, It could be a new MLG leg before I Know.

for example if you had a clan called cocwars (abbreviation of an official charity event standing for call of the community not me being rude, Just couldnt think of a good clan name)

it could be
cocwars
The ultimate lan party for xbox360

Ozlanrz

I think the "Lan" in the word does well. It's also a pretty clear indication for what the event is. The additional information on flyers/adverts will inform those who don't know what it is ;)
For now, its either one or the other. Vote. :)

Hoogle

Guru
well if that is your choices I would go for the oz 1 however both are difficult to read, I would have thought you would want something simple and catchey

Ozlanrz

Like COCWars? haha :thumbsup:
Seriously though, gamers would understand it, and the flyers I'm making with MW3, GOW3, Halo Reach titles on it will give a big indication as to what the event is about. I'm sure there will be little confusion.
Thanks for the thoughts though :)

Hoogle

Guru
well considering cocwars was organised by MLG players and had some of the worlds best call of duty players, sponsored by major gaming companies and was a worldwide event that happens every year streamed on twitch and youtube live makes over $15,000 for charity yeah I would say from a promotional and marketing side it works.

ibclare

Queen Bee
I agree with Hoogle. The name is awkward. That's why I asked about the rz, which I don't think makes any sense, but it's your deal. Good luck with your venture.

ComedyLover

first things is good

fotograffiti

Power User
to me, Ozlan sounds like a Turkish boy's name. It would be özlan really.
Sorry, I live in a town where half the population is Turkish

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Guys, this thread is well over two years old. Please check the dates of the original post and the last post before making comments.