What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FrontPage Site Wizard for Dreamweaver MX2004 - is it compatible with CS4?

Gary Clutterbuck

Hi,

Can anyone please confirm whether the 'FrontPage Site Wizard for Dreamweaver MX2004' and 'Publish Web Command for Dreamweaver MX2004' extensions are compatible with Dreamweaver CS4?

I have downloaded and installed both of these extensions successfully, however, when using the extensions within Dreamweaver CS4, I am unable to see 'FrontPage Server' as an option to select.

I'd be grateful if someone can clarify whether there may be a problem with the version of the extensios used (v2.1.0 and v1.1.0), or whether it is simply a permissions issue that prevents me from being able to select FrontPage Server as an option to import from or publish to?

The Technote 15685 (Publish Web command: transferring with FrontPage Server extensions) describes the following:-

Once the extrension is installed, Dreamweaver lists an additional option in the Access menu of the Remote Info category when editing a site.

Within either the Document or Site window, choose Site>Define Sites.
From the list of available sites, choose the site with which you wish to connect to the FrontPage server and choose Edit.
Within the Site Definition dialog box, choose the Remote Info category.
From the Access drop down menu, you will now see FrontPage Server. Choose this option and enter the connection information for your site.

From the above instructions, I cannot see the FrontPage Server option.

Any help or advice but be very much appreciated.

Thank you,

Gary