What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

photoshop web design newbie having trouble

mylo

i am new to web design with photoshop and i am having a few problems.
When i create a page in photoshop and create my links as slices i then go to dreamweaver to add more features to the site, but i cant use what i created in photoshop because my slices wont allow me to add things like a form to the site nest to my links, is there a way of creating a site in photoshop with links and still being able to go into dreamweaver and add to my design?

charlieangles

Banned
Yes, you can create the website in the Photo-shop.

This graphical approach is what I'm here to show you.

So today, I'll explain the design process I go through when a new customer hires me. Being very visual, I find it easier to start with an image when I design a Website, and these are the basic steps I follow:

1. First, using Photoshop, create an image that mimics the general layout you'd like to use for your site.

2. Once you're happy with the image you'll need to "slice" it up for use in your Website template. In this process, it helps to have a working knowledge of HTML. You must know how tables work, so that you can slice your image in a way that will work with tables.

3. Then it's time to create an HTML document that's comprised of those slices. This will become the template you'll use to create all the pages of your Website.