What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I want to start with webdesign..

Windows7

Power User
Just like in the title.. i want to start with webdesign and i'm a real newbie.. which is the best way/method to start with it?

Btw:eek:nly serious replys please!

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
I guess there's so many ways. Personally...

I was like you 10 years ago. You know what I did, I downloaded websites that I found attractive just so I can study what goes into the making of a web page. And I'd check the file folders....

OK there were the images ( I can do that)..... For Background images , one small graphic that needs to be tiled to create a bigger image (peice of cake) and there were the codes, scripts and syntaxes (not good, even til today I'm not that good with it. :D)

As a PS user, you have the tools to create the webpage images, even the layout. What you need is more tools.... FLASH, Dreamweaver... to put all these elements together.

There are books and websites dedicated to the HOW TO of building a website. Visit them. I'm sure there are other learned members in here who would be willing to coach you.

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Take it easy, take it easy..... hehehe. There was a function before in IE, I don't know whether its still there, that you can view the complete website off-line. Takes a while before it can gather all the data. Off course, you can't download the whole site like a torrent download.... lol..

When I said downloaded, I meant saving the page .. right click SAVE PAGE AS.... so you have the html link and a folder with the files contained in the webpage in your save folder.

Last edited:

Carson

Power User
Lol, I can see you are pretty into this, well I suggest the first thing you should do to create a website is learn to design them. For example, you should learn html, CSS, Javascript, and PHP for sure. MySQL is also manditory for databases. I mean you don't HAVE to learn this, but it is a very good skill to have in web-design. This way you won't be paying someone everytime you need something coded. I do believe now they have programs that code the site for you, all you have to do is make the template. The code is sloppy though. A good website to learn from is, W3Schools Online Web Tutorials. I hope this helps.