What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to increase image ?

webmaster98

How to increase the size of an image in Photoshop without losing its quality. Please share your views...

Hi webmaster98

Well, as i well known, if you gonna increase the size of a digital picture there's no way to avoid loosing quality in the picture no matter what technique you use, because Digital pictures are "Bit_Mapped files" , these files are simply a grid of dots and they are "mapped" into a 2-dimensional rectangle.

There's different methods of resizing bit_mapped images, you can work whit the Interpolation Algorithm in PS, but personally i prefer using external tools like Perfect Resize 7 or Blow Up 2 which uses a different approaching technique that i consider to be better, and the end result seems to be a lot more precise than using PS.

If you are working whit vector graphics, that's another story, Vector is scalable with no loss of image quality, because a vector graphic uses a mathematical formula to describe the image, and this results in small file sizes, as well as clarity when increasing the size.

JgraphNet

Power User
I have no experience of the apps $1r_M4x1mu$ is recommending but a general rule with increasing size of bitmap images in PhS is that you can get away with around +10 %. More than that and it starts "cracking up".

liza86

Follow the steps:

1. Click on the Image Menu and then click on Image Size,
(Image>Image Size)
2. In the Image Size dialogue box make sure the Constrain Proportions Option is checked.
3. Then simply adjust the photo size with by the width or the height by entering a larger number. After you enter a new size press OK.

nixhead

You loose the quality by zooming. i dont think so there is somethign you can do about it.

Steve

Retired Administrator
Perfect Resize 7 formerly Genuine Fractals mentioned by $1r_M4x1mu$ is considered one of the best programs for doing enlargements.
You can follow Liza86's instructions but make sure you select Bicubic Smoother as the interpolation method from the pull down for best results.

shire

Kindly show me your pic, to whom you want to change size.. There are many ways, but show me pic type. Without crack change the size of pic is such a big task.. But I can... Waiting for your quick response.