What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transparent Flash Movie isn't working in Firefox ?

Hi I've the following site : www.nemesisworks.tk as you know, but the problem is that in the "Semi-Flash" Version I used a open gates flash transparent movie which works fine in internet explorer but when using firefox then when you try to click anywhere in that area where the movie is (was) then nothing happens, It's maybe hard to explain but see yourself while using firefox, when you'll right click in that area (where the flash movie runs) you'll see flash menu. Any way to get around this problem ?? Thanx :(

theKeeper

Guru
I assume you're referring to the linked text not working...

Yeah, that's odd.
When you save out your flash file, try saving it as v6 or even v5 compatible. See if that makes it work.

And make sure you have the latest plugin installed in FF too.

shiney

Yet another issue with this finder.

I have managed to get layers to swap depth when a user clicks off the swf and I have managed to send a variable directly to flash, via javascript, to make it close any open menus.

Works fine.

HOWEVER...

I still have a click-through issue in Mozilla/FireFox. IE works fine and the user can successfully click on a satellite internet providers

link beneath the transparent areas of the flash movie.

In Mozilla, the links remain inaccessible.

This browser issue pains me, big time. Every single thing I try with this project gets bogged down with this cross-browser crapseo buckinghamshire. I wish we'd conceived it differently. You live & learn.......

Can anyone shed any light on this? I've done some searches but come up with nothing. Is there an alternative way of allowing Mozilla to register clicks underneath a wmode="transparent" layer?

jamison777

wmode transparent support is spotty across the major browsers. you're better off avoiding it altogether if you can.