What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with clan logo

Hoogle

Guru
Nope you can safely say you took my idea and made it your own but that is not what I was getting at I asked what the text said on the blade it looks like NO Phobias

Hoogle

Guru
Or if you dont have the rights to be using it then that is theft and risking the Op getting done for copyright if he has not purchased the rights to use it.

If the Op would like that model being used then I suggest he buys the rights to it and passes it onto you. But then you are a cinema 4d user so you could model your own variation from scratch based on that knife.

Hoogle

Guru
its a knife shouldnt take you long to model but the metalic texture may take longer to sort out you will need a good lighting setup

Hoogle

Guru
all though when you do model it or buy a model maybe even find a free 1 I would copy my text not the 1 I sent in the rar file but the 2nd cool looking 1 and use that text either so it is standing on the blade, and make sure you add enough reflection to the blade to reflect the text in it.

Or have the knife vertical and stabbing through between the D and the M going straight through the center of the O and add some particles or better still a cloner oblect full of tiny spears add a random effector and place it in a metaball so you could simulate 3d blood coming out around the logo.

You may not get the lighting exact so you may have to render it into photoshop to colour correct it and add some highligts etc

mattattack347

Power User
I will give this guy a few choices....
Hey dude...
If you like this design alot you can purchase the rights to the model then pass them onto me and You can get a Higher quality image, of basically the same thing...
Or you can wait for either hoogle or me to model basically the same thing ,but with slight variations.
Or you can just Go with what-ever hoogle had in-mind before.
Any-way you want just pick.
(Man, do I hate doing modeling.)

Last edited:

Hoogle

Guru
If it is free then use it but that to me looks like the same model so is that a legal download I am not willing to sign up to find out though.

and I have moddelled the hard part anyway I just dont think the knife is good for the logo just wanted to do it.

A logo is telling you what it is for and the knife certainly in your example just takes over the whole image and you cant even read the name the logo is advertising

mattattack347

Power User
And, It is also true that a logo should be versatile, Identifiable, and Simple.
And, I am terrible at modeling...

Hoogle

Guru
It is far from perfect but good enough to supplement the logo not drown it out if you want to use as it doesnt seem like you are going to model 1
Lets see what you can do with it
Knife0116.png

Hoogle

Guru
Dont forget to remake the intro in cinema 4d with the knife so the OP can see it all in context

mattattack347

Power User
how can I do the intro in 4d if you didn't upload the model?
Plus, I like to customize models / effects slightly from logo to video.
Thanks man.

mattattack347

Power User
Just to be sure, incase you do use the previous images.
I do not give you permission to use them.
Referring to you as the person(s) who are making the requests.
And, they were only for educational purposes.

Hoogle

Guru
Ok first of all Matt I dont think you really have the right to claim ownage of the images you have uploaded if anyone can claim ownage of anything in this thread then it is me all you have done is fade my original artwork cut out an O and then blasted some other stuff on it and put in a knife which is not your image or you owned the rights to hence I made a new 1.

It is 1 thing editing someone elses work but taking what is essentially 90% of someones image and then claiming ownage on it is not something I will allow you to do with my work.

posts like this for example
http://www.photoshopgurus.com/forum/web-design/38584-help-clan-logo-4.html#post1533593333

and you saying
ok, I have the general idea for your logo...
I am thinkin about something like this...
except alittle better layer manipulation... and editing.

the image you provided was just some stuff blended into MY And really without my Permission to not just rip off my work but actually edit MY Picture.

I am all for people throwing in ideas and improvements. But you can not work of my image and then claim ownership on it.

I have sat back and watch you encouraging you to take over this thread and get some experience so I have not said anything.

But I am warning you if you go round editing peoples submissions and ideas without there permission you will soon have somebody tell you to stop it.

As I said I Have enjoyed watching you trying to improve on my idea and logo design But realise your boundaries and never try taking credit for other peoples work as your own.

But As you are I am now handing all this thread to you to finish as you came into it so you can now finish it. However You best do some work of your own.

So what you need to do is

Create a logo for the OP not using my idea

Create an intro video not using my idea or design

and then do the individual titles in graffiti font

And once you have uploaded them all as your own work then you can claim ownage to it and you can decide what the OP can and Cant use.

Good Luck