What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Logo Text Editing

Kevin007

Hello,

I am trying to edit the text within logo but I am unable to find the text layer within the file. The file is a png file which had all the layers locked so I saved the file with a psd extension. Any help woudl be appreciated.

I am attaching teh file for reference.

Thanks in advance!!!!!logo.png

You can't just save a png or jpeg as a psd and think the text will be unlocked. As soon as an image is saved as a jpeg or png, or any other raster file type, it gets flattened. This means everything will be on 1 layer. The image would need saving as psd before being flattened.

Kevin007

Thanks a lot for helping out

I have saved the file with a PSD extension but the text layers is not where. All the elements are I guess in one layer how can i proceed ahead ?

Inkz

Guru
Thanks a lot for helping out

I have saved the file with a PSD extension but the text layers is not where. All the elements are I guess in one layer how can i proceed ahead ?

Re do the whole image I guess, or maybe pay someone to do it for you.

Kevin007

Hi Inkz,

Really low on budget so working it out myself for new very new to this. Even if I can possibly delete the whole layer. Create a new text layer with the same background or something. Really havent got a clue how to implement

Inkz

Guru
What exactly are you trying to do to the text?

Let me know and I will see what I can do for you.

Kevin007

Thanks a lot supermagoo1 I am building a website at the moment. Its a logo actually. But I guess due to the drop shadow effect its not able to blend in properly. Will update you once I change the text.

Kevin007

For some reason though the shape of the image appears to be different in the psd than the image. How can I reshape the image ?

Kevin007

The things is the image size for some reason has increased. When I try to change the canvas size back to the original the shape of untitled layer is changed. Is there a way of changing or resizing the layer and then the canvas size ?

Start a new document the size you want, then drag and drop into the new canvas. You can then resize to suite.

Kevin007

Thanks a lot for all sprucemagoo1 your help. If you ever need any help with respect to internet marketing kindly let me know I would be very glad to help you out.....

Cheers!!!

dworx

always save files in psd format if you want to make some changes later. PNG and JPEGS are finished files where as psd is open file. I recommend you to re design the whole logo if possible and save it as .psd. For final use on website use jpg or png format.

Rob_IMX

Looks great.. Just find a similar background texture and it will match the original very closely. Just do a google image search for "grunge background" ...you'll find lots!

NishaS

Banned
you can increase or decrease the size of any image or shape by using transform (in the edit menu) and shortcut is control+t or command +t on key board , this will create a transform selection out of the selected layer , now you can stretch it inside or outside.
if you want the image not to loos its ratio ,so stretch it from the corner side with shift key. for set it press enter key.