What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi all hope someone can help me with this

satch1151

I am trying to make a gif animation for a web page it is a simple one but keep having a few problems. First one is I want a transparent background so the letters look like they are floating. So I get them on there and do the frames and everything and when it is done I can see like a white background on behind the letters and it makes it look blocky. If allowed I will post the web page here to look at I have it up, but if you know what I mean any help would be SWEET Thanks in advance

ibclare

Queen Bee
Hi Satch, sorry this took so long to show. The auto spam blocker moderated it for some reason. IDK what. Back on course now!

satch1151

No problem hoping someone can help with this, might be better if I can link the page it is on, but I am not sure if it is allowed. If so I will if not maybe I can figure another way. It is bugging me so much I am pulling my hair out :)

ibclare

Queen Bee
Satch, PM me the link and I'll post it for you.

I'm hoping this works. Crude as I threw it together.

reach_up_by_WolfcatStock.gif

And once I switched to PSG Dark I can see how much white junk is still around this png. Boohoo. But it is transparent. As chitkaran said, be sure you don't have a background or that it is transparent. Every layer should be transparent. Make sure your bottom layer has been converted to a normal layer. Make sure that when you save it for web and devices, you have the transparency box checked. That's all I can think.

Last edited:

satch1151

I am clicking transparent on the save gif part. You will have to see it to get an idea I will pm the link to the page and you can see. It will be I the right hand corner the hours and stuff.
Thanks

Paul

Former Member
If you have cut from other surrounding image you will need to make sure ALL OF IT as been deleted or you will get the anomalies you talk of.

ibclare

Queen Bee
http://Reef-tech.com

this is the link from satch

Ah, you have a white halo around everything. Did you type the text in Photoshop or did you remove it from a background? That is what the icons look like: as if they were cut out from white and some BG is left.

Last edited:

satch1151

The icons were .png I found and the letters are typed this is what's bugging me. I put them on a transparent background. I typed them separate then merged them togeather but that should not make a background should it? It is a simple animation if someone wants to look at the .psd I will send to them. But there is nothing special about it, I just did it real simple and thought it would work lol.

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
You may have created the text with anti-alias set to sharp or crisp. Once rasterized, it may cause the white matte. Try smooth or none. only problem is none will make it jagged.Your choice. Here's a sample I did... but the gradients are off... lol.... I used a black background so you can see it . Mon-Fri13.gif Mon-Fri1.gif

Last edited:

satch1151

That looks great I will try that he wanted it faster anyhow (even though I kinda liked it slow:) ) Thanks weird I did all that still comes out with that stroke around it, do you think that because I am using a style for the gradient that could be making it? I saved the gradient as a style.

Last edited:

satch1151

ok sorry for the double post but I do not get it...no matter what I try it still shows up blocky I just did a little one to test and still there UGH what am I doing wrong???