What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Portfolio

tmm2367

Hi everyone! the more I look at this forum the more I am totally impressed with the stuff people are doing. I'm pretty much a self taught Photoshop dude and it seems like sometimes I can figure out complicated stuff but the not so complicated stuff totally eludes me.

I've seen portfolio sections of designer websites that show examples of work done. So what I'm trying to figure out is how to get a full screen shot of the desired web page and not just the print screen shot. This is probably something so simple that once I find out how it is done I will be like, ahhhh ok! I think we've all had those moments. So basically, I'm looking to be able to show a screen shot of a site I did for my portfolio section, but I want it to be the complete page not just the print screen view. If examples are needed I can provide. I hope someone can help out with this.

ibclare

Queen Bee
Can't you just go to print page? Right click on screen. Resize as necessary or fit to page. Also if you are using a web design program you should be able to print it though I'm not sure if you are able to remove the guides and such. That's my limited knowledge input.

tmm2367

Thanks for the suggestions although neither of those programs seemed to work. I guess the best way for me to find out how to capture the entire screen is to contact a developer who has done it since I want to capture the entire screen not just what is visible before I scroll. Screen cap tries to install a bunch of browser choices btw and neither program are very intuitive.

ChrisHPZ

Power User
You know what tmm, this might be one way to do what you want. First, navigate to the site you want to take a picture of. Zoom out until you get a full view of the website and then press the F11 key on your keyboard. Oh and I hope you're using a PC because I don't know how to do with with a MAC. The F11 key turns your browser to full-screen mode where everything but the website disappears. Now try using the print screen button and bring that into Photoshop or whatever graphics program you use and save that out as an image. To return to your normal browser window, press the F11 key again.