What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Artisteer

inkpad.t

Guru
Since this is the only place related to web design i thought i'd post this here, not sure if this in the right place or forum to post it but here it is.

Artisteer, web design program .... it's been around a while and now on version 4, i was just wondering if any one has any comments on it ?... do you use it.. is worth buying?

What I'm especially interested in is it's graphics it uses... dos any one know if there is a way to make your own then put them into the program ?

I know it can import images but it's mainly the bg and glare images i need to create my self.. i have looked around on their forum but not much look.

The other thing is the code it outputs.. can you coders out there tell me if the code is valid which i assume it is but is it bloated code ?..

One of the things i am looking to do is cut down on time spent creating a site if Artisteer can do that part then just tweak it.

I take it this is a subject that no ones really botherd with, Or its not right for this forum.

Thanks for taking a look any way.

I am not a good coder myself but artisteer is good software for creating web templates. I have used it and you can create attractive templates. You just need some time and explore the software. I just don't like the the excess coding created by artisteer templates.

thank you dworx...

Yes i've been told the code is bloated a bit and you have to spend time tweaking it.. I have aloso read articles that say " so what " as the software produces templates/sites that are good and functional...

What i really want to do is spend less time coding as i am not a coder myself but can do css and html that takes me ages, So the idea was take this program/software to cut down on the time it takes to make a template/site that is good enough for customers..

However although there are other things i need to know i just don't want to be in the same boat spending time taking out bloated code when it should be cutting time down..

Thanks for reply.

Back