What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hyperlink Buttons HELP

PS4me

iMac 2012. Only have PS. Started the image on CS4 on a PCP iBook G4. Upgraded to CS6 and iMac. Finishing an Infographic about my Fine Art. I have layered buttons down a panel. The usual suspects: Icons for Personal website, Google+, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn. From viewing youtube video's and written instructions I scrolled over each button using the slice tool. With the pull out menu Edit Slice Options > I named the slice and in the URL field wrote the website relative to the button. Saved the whole infographic as File > Save for Web... This save all the slices to a folder on my desktop called 'Images'. This is where I'm stuck. I then tried to simplify a test by saving a button as a slice, Save for Web. The preview shows no hyperlink when you scroll over it. One tutorial said save the image format as a HTML file. But neither drop down options shows HTML. I have seen that option in the past.

Any of you GURU's know what I am missing, Cheers

Vince

Hoogle

Guru
you should have the option when save for web file type select html and images. did you right click the slice and go into properties to put hyperlinks in etc.

That said photoshop does a good job for making a basic site however if you want to start adding rollover and interactive links you are better off doing it in dreamweaver or similar.

PS4me

Thanks for responding Hoogle. I right clicked each sliced button, and filled the fields name file, Url, Message Text, etc. No HTML options ?

Hoogle

Guru
Are you not getting this come up ??
Capture.PNG

If not upload your psd file and I will take a look at it but just popping out to get a takeaway (Saturday noight at home first in a long time !!!!!)

PS4me

Downloading the trial Dreamweaver. I shouldn't have to though ;-/ Ah your message just loaded, G
Gotta love visual people. ;) I wasn't seeing the Optimised header, and I just quickly checked and when going to save it is opening a different looking window but it has Format, HTML. Brilliant Hoogle really appreciate you taking the time to do that. Enjoy that take out you earned it lol. Just polished off a curry myself

Last edited: