What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with animated banner gif

firefly_winter

I am trying to create an animated ad using Photoshop CS6. It's very simple. I just want the words to change with each frame. I created three separate frames in the timeline. In the first frame I made a text box, then the next frame I duplicated the layer and hid the other text box layer. I then did the same for the third frame. I saved the file by going to save for web and saving it as a gif. When I opened the gif up in both IE and Chrome, it worked just fine. However, when I sent it to someone else and they opened it in their browser, when it animated, it showed the outline of the words in the previous frames. I haven't been able to figure out how to fix this at all in Photoshop since the other layers are hidden like they are supposed to be. Could this be happening to them because they don't have a current version of IE?

Thanks for your help!

Hoogle

Guru
Seems ok to me maybe it is their screen having ghosting issues happens a lot with monitors that are ageing especially with black and white stuff

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hi F_W, your GIF is working fine. Whomever you sent it to is having some issues with their machine.