What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Top Of Google Listing?

A.J

Hi,

When searching my exact company name on google, (EG. My Company Ltd.) it is coming up at the bottom of the google page and it is not a common name either.

One thing I haven't done anything with yet, is anything to make it Google friendly.. but thats because, I don't know how.. ?

Any advice please?

iDad

Guru
Ask google or pay google, they'll set you up

SPWA

Power User
You can go HERE, and get google to schedule a crawl over your website.

However, it does take a while for any site to reach the top of the list. I couldn't even find my blog for the 1st year, but now it takes up the 1st page of suggestions when googled.

Another thing you can do, is add a link to your website on already popular forums etc, which will get extra crawls from the Google bots. Make sure the forum you choose doesn't mind you shamelessly plugging your website though :)

ibclare

Queen Bee
Does it take a certain amount of hits? I know my website appears fairly quickly toward the top of the page but it has had hits in the past. Also, are your keywords relevant and not too many? Google warns that a "spam" number of keywords will interfere with results. In fact, my website comes up as the first result.

A.J

Thanks all.

Above mentioned 'keywords". Is there a way of doing this? or do you mean just generally selecting the "right" words when creating your page paragraphs etc.

Does that make sense?

ibclare

Queen Bee
No, not just phrases within the body of the site, but keywords, tags, etc. I am no expert at web design - haven't done any in a long time actually - but it's my understanding that you place your list of keywords in the header of your webpage - how it used to be anyway. I'm sure others will expand on this or correct the information.

Hoogle

Guru
if you make your site to google friendly you will be penalised for it. They are strict and by strict I mean crazy strict to new sites and any new site that suddenly gets to the to be unless page 1 and 2 is full of you site hits.)
tools and compile a site tree this Proper page names and friendly name urls will always score better than page 1 so example if you had a website for a large chain of restaurant you would name your pages like restaurants rather than page1 or home.

Once you install google tools and point it to a site map it will ask you to upload a google file to your main root folder to verify you own the site. and then within hours you will see results.

Also remember google remembers your browsing habbits so if visit the same page a lot and search for something similar it will rank that page higher.

so when testing your ranking make sure to do it in a 2nd browser and delete the hostory and cookies often.

ibclare

Queen Bee
Right. I meant to say that google doesn't like extraneous or multitudinous keywords, but your advice is best Hoogle. After all, you're an active website maker and manager!

Hoogle

Guru
<meta name="Description" content="AJ, Photoshop, New York, Graphic Designer, photoshop gurus" />
needs to be placed in the header of your index page also any other pages you have if you like

You can even make visible keywords at the bottom of your site at the very bottom before you get to the </body> do <center>Keywords</center>
<center>Graphic Designer New York Photoshop Gurus</center>

Albertolive

Another things you can do, is add back-link to your web page on already well-known boards etc, which will get additional crawls from the Search Engines crawlers. Make sure the community you select doesn't mind your postings and you and your web page or could be banned through

Last edited:

Elizabeth

Any reliable web designing company can provide you with SEO services as they have experience in building different online projects and Ecommerce Website Design services which can solve your mentioned problems. If you want to rank your page at the top of any search engine’s listing it would be a bit difficult in the beginning but after some practice you will be able to do better.

Last edited: