What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I Need Help With JQuery/JavaScript Slideshow & Dynamic Varietal Menu Please

Hytham

Hello guys,
I need your help please..
I'm beginner in JQuery & Java Script, but I have to make a vertical menu located beside a slideshow, & the background of the menu's buttons displaying in hover case...it's easy...but i also have to make this background move automatically across the buttons in conjunction with the slideshow's images toggling...how can I do it ?

Not quite sure if I can understand exactly what you are after, but if you look hard enough, there will be something already coded for you to use. Most of the jquery plugins are free, which means you don't have to pull your hair out when yours doesn't work. Don't know how close this is to what you want, but I found it in the first minute of looking. Here's the link!

Though I suppose you may have to understand German to a small extent.

Last edited:

Hoogle

Guru
Google chrome translates it for you. I am not sure if your on about just the rollover effect or the whole slide show

Hytham

Not quite sure if I can understand exactly what you are after, but if you look hard enough, there will be something already coded for you to use. Most of the jquery plugins are free, which means you don't have to pull your hair out when yours doesn't work. Don't know how close this is to what you want, but I found it in the first minute of looking. Here's the link!

Though I suppose you may have to understand German to a small extent.

http://fearlessflyer.com/pretty-hover-effects-with-css-and-jquery/

that is a basic jquery rollover tutorial

demo of the tutorial

http://demo.fearlessflyer.com/html/demo/pretty-hovers/

just remove the grid layout and do it as you wish the principal is the same just replacing the rollover state to a secondary image

Thank you guys for your replays...it's a rollover...it's the right word yes...but i need to add this effect to a vertical menu buttons to let it start automatically after page loading!...without moving my mouse pointer...something auto...i hope it's clear now ?

Try this one

You can edit it to have the navigation on the right, and believe you will be able to change the thumbnails to buttons.

In fact it has everything you need, as long as you know how to edit the code, which would mostly be css anyway.

Hoogle

Guru
so you want an animated button that auto plays the rollover state which will have no reference to the actual image being displayed ???

I do not know what your using to build this but you could easily get away with doing like you have done in your above example and then overlay hotspots with the link to the image/url etc with dreamweaver and hotspots tool.

Hytham

Try this one

You can edit it to have the navigation on the right, and believe you will be able to change the thumbnails to buttons.

In fact it has everything you need, as long as you know how to edit the code, which would mostly be css anyway.

i just need to make an animated menu not a slideshow..i guess it won't help me or what ?

i just need to make an animated menu not a slideshow..i guess it won't help me or what ?
Can you at least explain to me then, why you asked for help with a jquery slideshow and dynamic menu.

If you just want a vertical menu, why not GOOGLE "jquery vertical menu". It comes up with lots of free to use options believe it or not. I know a lot of people seem to think Google should be a last resort, if at all, but I strongly recommend it.

If you are struggling with code, Google will help you yet again, with it's list of free code tutorial givers. For example w3schools.

Good luck!

Hytham

Can you at least explain to me then, why you asked for help with a jquery slideshow and dynamic menu.

If you just want a vertical menu, why not GOOGLE "jquery vertical menu". It comes up with lots of free to use options believe it or not. I know a lot of people seem to think Google should be a last resort, if at all, but I strongly recommend it.

If you are struggling with code, Google will help you yet again, with it's list of free code tutorial givers. For example w3schools.

Good luck!

I asked for help with jquery not with jquery slideshow, & as i know jquery is for dynamic elements!
Thank you.