What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are some good books to buy to learn Web-Design?

Carson

Power User
What I'm looking for is a professional book that isn't real expensive.

I want it to teach the aspects of design with color theory and typography.
I want it to include thing's such as using Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.

It doesn't matter if it includes HTML and CSS since I already know the languages to code the site in, I just need to learn to be able to create better looking sites.

Thanks guys

egosbar

Guru
invest in a book on how too use utube lol , video tutorials are far easier too learn from and they are plentiful

inkpad.t

Guru
second that egosbar... YouTube.. but also look at joining a graphic design forum and trolling through the posts, you' be surprised on how much you will gain from, topics such as white space, color theory, typography, the rule of thirds and much more.

I find graphic designers in lot of forums don't like people asking what they see as being silly questions, but once they have got use to you being a member and see your learning they are willing to help no matter what the question.

Fortunately in the PSG forum we are spoil here as there is always someone to help no matter what the question as it at what ever level your at, and for me the most pleasant Photoshop forum around. just my personal.

I find choosing colours for websites very overwhelming when doing websites, so I find Kuler very helpful, as long as you don't deviate away from the colours in your scheme. You just then have to decide what colour is for what, but if you have designed it in Photoshop first, it is easy to see what colours go where.