What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding image borders to photos / adding mats and frames to painting images

wardposa

Hi Everyone! glad to be a part of this forum. I will get right to the point. I have Photoshop CS3 and am trying to re-design our website by adding more options to our art (paintings). We sell art/paintings online and I would like to add framing and matting options to images on the website. There are Approximately 300 images that i need to add borders to, so ideally i would like to batch all 300 images by adding different matting/framing options with images (of different frames and different colored mats) from our framing and matting distributors. I have digital images of the different frames and mats that I would like to add to the paintings. I know how to batch images as far as sizes, color adjustments, copyrights/text etc. I need help, most of all, because the majority of images are different sizes, as far as with and length, and would like to keep individual proportion to each painting to not disturb the integrity of the artist and his art work. If there were just a few images it would be no problem, but considering there are roughly 300 this will be extremely time consuming and millions of clicks later, i might just might be done. I would greatly appreciate any and all advice.

Thanks,
Ed

colleague

Guru
do you want it to be the same percentage for all of them

then you can use 1 batch for all
with an action to change the canvas in percentages

wardposa

basically, I keep getting two messages, one says that “The Command ‘Move’ is not currently available.” and the other says that "the Background is not currently available" . I have done everything exactly how i want it to look and there seems to be no problem during recording until i "run the actions" then it starts to run and gives me these messages. to answer your question, yes I have all images the same dimensions and percentages and would like the same amount of perimeter on the paintings. the photo that i have uploaded is a little "off centered," its just a convenient pic that i had handy.

thanks!
Ed

Attachments

• HORIZONTAL 5X7.jpg
    HORIZONTAL 5X7.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 20
  • abstractframe1.png
    abstractframe1.png
    52.2 KB · Views: 20

wardposa

the background layer was locked. I saved the "frame image" or "Background layer" as a PNG and it seemed to work like a charm, but the images dont appear in the new file i have created...

Last edited:

colleague

Guru
maybe we can help if you can show all the steps that you recorded
or maybe give us a link to the action

jessica89

Banned
Hi Wardposa,

Wouldn't it be better to just add the borders within the css? Just assign it to a class:

img{
border: 1px solid #000;
}