What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Parallax footer

gautamz07

Power User
Hey guys ! whts up , I miss you all , had nothing to do today , So just went around surfing the web and got some inspiration to create a animated waves effect :

heres the result : its all CSS-3 ;)

http://purplefront.net/parallax-footer/.

Please tell me if you liked my small demo .

Thank you.

Gautam.

MrToM

Guru
Hmmmm.....

As good as it is its not really 'parallax'. You have moving images but they don't move with respect to the viewer...the person looking at it.

Websites that use 'parallax' often have images move with respect to the cursor movement as 'real' parallax is impossible on a 2D screen.

If your sea and boat moved slightly with respect to the cursor position then that would be closer to the mark...as it stands there is no control from the viewer. (Unless there is meant to be but it didn't work for me)

Check out the real meaning of 'parallax' and you'll see what I mean.

I built a photography website some time ago whereby the opening page was as if looking through the lens of a camera......and it was out of focus. As you moved the cursor around the screen the 'lens' and the 'subject' through the lens moved in a 'parallax' way getting more 'in-focus' as the cursor got nearer the center of the screen.....I even had the little red focus indicators too...and it also bleeped when you got dead-center.

Totally over the top for my liking but thats what the client wanted....parallax.

There are many tutorials on creating the effect....just do the usual search for "CSS Parallax". Its much easier to do now as well thanks to the advancement of HTML5 so you shouldn't have too much trouble creating it.

Regards.
MrTom.

gautamz07

Power User
Heeeey MrTom ,

That Idea of the camera sound really great to me , and i actually love over-the-top effects ... not in production sites though ! , but they make for great eye candy . :D :D .. I used parallax as a buzz work , i did know thats not parallax lol , maybe i should have said animated effect :D , BTW , thanks for ur input . Ur encouragement always helps .

TY again .

MrToM

Guru
No worries....

Give 'Parallax' a go....you'll like it....and I know you would have no problem in coding it.

(Just try and stay away from libraries......they teach you nothing)

Regards.
MrTom.

MrToM

Guru
No worries...although it was hardly 'advice'......I want to see what you can come up with so it's more like a gentle 'push' into getting you to try it.

You're not obliged of course but I reckon you'd do a good job of it! :thumbsup:

Regards.
MrTom.

MrToM

Guru
Nice one......but see my PM for my thoughts....its not true 'Parallax' but more 'Parallax Scrolling'....there is a big difference between the two.

Regards.
MrToM.